Overnight Layover in Dubai

Old Apr 26, 2017, 8:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Platinum Elite, National Executive, United Gold
Overnight Layover in Dubai

I am flying into DXB arriving at 20:45 on LX242 and departing the next morning at 5:30 on QR1003 to DOH. I am a US citizen and I have Priority Pass so I was thinking about collecting my boarding pass and storing my rollaway on arrival at DXB, and heading to the Dubai Mall area. I understand the fountain and Burj Khalifa close at 11pm and the mall closes at midnight.

Is there anywhere else worth visiting in the late evening? Additionally, how stringent are the lounges on the maximum stay? Should I just pony up for the transit hotel or a nearby airport hotel?

Thank you for the help, much appreciated.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 2:18 am

Programs: BA Gold/OWE
First of all, the transfer. One ticket or separate tickets ? Checked bags ? I assume economy class if using PP for the lounge.

As a US passport holder, you'll receive a free visa on arrival. Just join the line, although it can take some time to get through, depending on the alignment of the stars. Assume you'll be out of the airport by 22.00 at the very latest. You could take the metro or a taxi, but you'll need to get a taxi back as the metro closes at 01.00.

When are you visiting ? It's getting hotter and it will be pretty humid in the late evening. You would certainly make the 11pm last entry. Book tickets online in advance: https://tickets.atthetop.ae/atthetop...okingInfo.aspx

Mall food court is open til midnight: https://thedubaimall.com/en/plan-you.../opening-hours

PP website seems to show maximum lounge stay ... 4-5 hours. You'll be in and out of Terminal 1.

Last edited by sharp5flat9; Apr 27, 2017 at 2:23 am
Old Apr 27, 2017, 6:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Platinum Elite, National Executive, United Gold
Originally Posted by sharp5flat9
First of all, the transfer. One ticket or separate tickets ? Checked bags ? I assume economy class if using PP for the lounge.
Separate tickets, no checked bags, and yes, both the inbound LX and outbound QR flights will be in Y. I will be arriving this Saturday - seems like if I return to DXB around 1am, the lounges will be the way to go and I won't need a hotel.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 1:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by 764toHI
Separate tickets, no checked bags, and yes, both the inbound LX and outbound QR flights will be in Y. I will be arriving this Saturday - seems like if I return to DXB around 1am, the lounges will be the way to go and I won't need a hotel.
There are a couple of hotels close to the airport, with shuttles. I've stayed at the HIX a couple of times: inexpensive ($60-ish though YMMV), with free 24H shuttles to/from the airport.

I'd rather sleep than trudge round malls: but you might be more resilient
Old Aug 30, 2017, 4:40 am

Burk Khalifa and fountains are good idea. You can also have a dinner at the food court of Dubai Mall. Also, you can visit a local bar or club, as Dubai is also known for its nightlife.
Or else, just take a hotel near the airport
You may find this list useful; https://tripplannera.com/things-to-d...ates-dubai?el9

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.