Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Middle East including Egypt > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Egypt visa on arrival questions

Egypt visa on arrival questions

Old Apr 3, 18, 2:06 am

Programs: BA Gold, Miles and Smiles Elite, IHG Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by IAN-UK View Post
But isn't the Brexit nonsense going to force a new passports on us sooner than "another few years"?

Every passport issued by the UK will continue to be valid as a EU travel document until 29 March 2019.

From the date of EU departure, all current British passports will no longer be valid for travel in the EU.

or is that just alarmist ?
Possibly IAN-UK. More reason to keep my current passport longer since don't want to pay twice in one year to get a current burgundy one and then forced to get a blue one next year��
Old Apr 15, 18, 6:42 am

Programs: BA GGL
Just checking: this is still $25 cash on arrival only, yes?

Is it a single entry visa only, i.e. returning a week later will require a second visa?

Thanks
Old May 1, 18, 2:23 am

Still seeking verification of the Cairo entry visa price? 25USD?
Old May 1, 18, 9:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton IHG LH BA TK
Originally Posted by mmxbreaks View Post
Just checking: this is still $25 cash on arrival only, yes?

Is it a single entry visa only, i.e. returning a week later will require a second visa?

Thanks
Yes and yes
Old May 1, 18, 1:41 pm

Programs: Emirates Skywards (Gold), Hilton (Diamond), Radisson (Gold)
Anyone know the price of a multiple entry visa?
Old May 1, 18, 1:48 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by Ryanardo_daVinci View Post
You can only get this from the Egyptian embassy in your country. At the airport this is not available, only single entry visa. I know it is a big PITA, but either way it is a PITA (embassy or paying), so it depends which is more important for you, the time taken to go to the embassy and pay less for a multiple visa or get a single entry every time you arrive and pay $25 (and using up more passport pages).

Another option which is quite new is the e-Visa. It seems that you can get a multiple entry visa (still valid for 3 months as single entry visa). https://www.egyptvisa.com/egypt-evisa-cost

Cheers!

Last edited by nldogbert; May 1, 18 at 2:03 pm
Old May 1, 18, 10:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Ryanardo_daVinci View Post
It's the price of nX$25 where n is the number of entries.

Seriously, the multiple option is only available from embassies/consulates or online. Both these processes involve a significant measure of faff: the e-version adds frustration to the mix. Neither will save you (much) money if it's only a couple of visits. I think both are limited to multiple visits in 3 months - though this might have changed.

So the simplest option for two entries is to get two visas. If you want to save five minutes of your time, there's nothing to stop you buying two visa stickers on your initial entry.
Old May 2, 18, 2:35 am

Talking

Yes and yes
Thanks for the info! Now to find me some $5 bills...
Old May 2, 18, 2:36 am

It's the price of nX$25 where n is the number of entries.
If you want to save five minutes of your time, there's nothing to stop you buying two visa stickers on your initial entry.
Interesting...! Would be useful for me.
Old May 3, 18, 7:15 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by nldogbert View Post
You can only get this from the Egyptian embassy in your country. At the airport this is not available, only single entry visa. I know it is a big PITA, but either way it is a PITA (embassy or paying), so it depends which is more important for you, the time taken to go to the embassy and pay less for a multiple visa or get a single entry every time you arrive and pay $25 (and using up more passport pages).

Another option which is quite new is the e-Visa. It seems that you can get a multiple entry visa (still valid for 3 months as single entry visa). https://www.egyptvisa.com/egypt-evisa-cost

Cheers!
Note that the quoted website is only an agent based in Florida. The real website is: https://www.visa2egypt.gov.eg which is the Egyptian interior ministy website and it accepts credit cards and only charges 25$ for a single entry and 60$ for a multiple entry visa.
Old May 7, 18, 5:03 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002 View Post
Note that the quoted website is only an agent based in Florida. The real website is: https://www.visa2egypt.gov.eg which is the Egyptian interior ministy website and it accepts credit cards and only charges 25$ for a single entry and 60$ for a multiple entry visa.
There are multiple fake sites for the Evisa but the one quoted above by oliver2002 is the correct one and cost are as above. It's the same price for visa on arrival for single entry. No point in getting multiple visas for $60 since as IAN UK has mentioned it is easy enough to get the visa on arrival stickers. Only problem with those are they take up lots of space and so for yesterday's trip, I got an Evisa single entry in 15 mins from the website since I am running out of pages on my passport.
Old May 7, 18, 10:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Dselvan View Post

....I got an Evisa single entry in 15 mins from the website since I am running out of pages on my passport.

Now your challenge is to persuade the border officials to stamp tidily and efficiently ......
Old May 8, 18, 10:02 am

Now your challenge is to persuade the border officials to stamp tidily and efficiently ......
I have to admit to being impressed with the official's stamping technique😀 Both the entry and exit stamp were right next to each other at the bottom of one of the pages and has given me enough space for at least 2 or 3 stamps on the same page👍
Old Jun 1, 18, 11:58 pm

Programs: UA DL HH

I have to admit to being impressed with the official's stamping technique😀 Both the entry and exit stamp were right next to each other at the bottom of one of the pages and has given me enough space for at least 2 or 3 stamps on the same page👍
And first for me. At duty free store (past immigration and before exit) I've got Jameson. Had to wait for customs agent to show up and write something and stamp my passport right next to the entry stamp and the visa sticker. Never seen anything like that before. Just waste of my and his time. Why can't the clerk at the store put that stamp?
Old Jun 2, 18, 6:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

..... I got an Evisa single entry in 15 mins from the website since I am running out of pages on my passport.
Curiosity and your sunny experience led me to bite the bullet and try the visa online business. It took me significantly longer than 15 minutes: perhaps I'm not so bright, but i took time to figure out that my address had to be written in a specific way and then work out how to answer the "host" questions. Then there was scanning my passport and resizing the image to come in under the limit allowed. Payment was speedy, but I got thrown out of the site before I got formal conformation from Egypt. So now there's a wait...

But I guess now I'm registered on the site, understand the requirements better, have the passport jpg up and ready it should be a faster experience next time.....
Dselvan likes this.

Search this Thread