Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Middle East including Egypt > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Arabian Adventures activities in Dubai

Old Jan 14, 2017, 3:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold, HHonors Gold, Best Western Diamond Select, BA Blue

Has anyone booked any Dubai-based adventures/activities through Arabian Adventures?

I saw an advert for their activities on board an Emirates flight and was wondering if the activities are good and also if they're good value for money.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 3:13 pm

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Originally Posted by rumbataz
I saw an advert for their activities on board an Emirates flight and was wondering if the activities are good and also if they're good value for money.
I did book a "driving thru the desert" package. It wasn't bad. You sit in a heavily modified Toyota Landcruiser (roll-cage) and drive in packs of +/- 10 cars up and down dunes. To be clear: It's not sightseeing. Just smashing in a car thru the desert. I thought that it was rather good value: They pick you up at the hotel, drive you all the way out into the desert, drive for 30 to 45 minutes thru dunes, make a photo stop in time for the sunset, then had to a "camp", where a small buffet, a small show, sand surfboarding, camel riding, etc... await. I can't remember how much it was per person, but it was pretty fun for a day.

Whether their activity is good value for money depends however on the activity in question (E.g. You don't need a guide to discover the old parts of Dubai).
Old Jan 17, 2017, 3:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold, HHonors Gold, Best Western Diamond Select, BA Blue
Thanks for the advice, WorldLux. I see from the Arabian Adventures site that you could just go directly to the venue in some cases and book directly for a lot less money. But I think on the desert excursions it sounds a lot better as they pick you up from the hotel.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 6:00 am

Well, I had book last year Dubai Package, However I witnessed decent services. Their pick up & drop services and desert camping were quiet ordinary as I was expecting more. Overall a decent experience.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.