Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Middle East including Egypt > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Israel car rental insurance

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Israel car rental insurance

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2017, 6:07 am

Programs: UA MM/Gold; WN A-list; HH something depending; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by awayIgo
I have found rental processing in Israel just takes longer ( I don't use airport site, just office near my home) I am speaking English. I've gotten out quickly and I've taken an hour--in multiple different agencies.

BTW the guy sitting doing nothing. He may have been a driver--just authorized to drive cars and check them with customers, not authorized to do the paperwork--and may have no idea on how to do the paperwork.
I thought that about the spare guy too, as he ended up getting us our car, but at one point he was allowed/told to go inspect and receive back someone's car, so seems he could have helped expedite that bit.

All first world problems in the end, so I'm fine, I was just a bit surprised and next time will go with another company (and perhaps find the same issues, I know).
Old Nov 7, 2017, 12:50 pm

I know, at least at Hertz, the driver is allowed to check a vehicles condition. I rarely to never have the customer service rep doing that.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 12:20 pm

Programs: UA MM/Gold; WN A-list; HH something depending; Marriott Gold
Wow, what a difference returning the car in Tel Aviv. Greeted warmly, rep immediately asked someone to go help me out to return and he was great. Line forming, but she made contact with each person, moved us along, and I returned a car about as fast as I could expect just given paperwork and physical inspection. Efficient, polite, friendly... not like Eilat. They had has an office party earlier, so she even offered us a piece of cake. Good save by Eldan/Enterprise, such a better experience than Eilat.
ajGoes likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2018, 4:18 am

Programs: AC SE100K, AA EXP, SPG Plt, HH Dmnd
Beware: just rented with Shlomo Sixt and they REFUSE to accept CDP insurance, even with a letter stating Israel coverage, from Chase or Amex (the only ones I had) and tell you to either buy their insurance or walk.
Old Apr 1, 2018, 11:55 pm

There are more complaints about Shlomo-Sixt on the various travel forums than all other rental companies combined.
awayIgo likes this.
Old May 22, 2018, 12:50 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Thanks all, I decided to rent from Hertz Tel Aviv and avoid Shlomo-Sixt. After all, who needs the hassle. I also called Chase benefits services and they are sending me a letter re primary CDW coverage that covers Israel. Hopefully this all works as intended.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.