Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Middle East including Egypt > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Visiting Atlantis - The Palm in Dubai

Old Oct 25, 16, 11:41 pm
Original Poster

I read somewhere that you can only enter the Atlantis if you are staying there as a guest or have restaurant reservations. Is this true?
Old Oct 26, 16, 6:36 am

Programs: BA Gold/OWE
I think you're confusing Atlantis with the Burj Al Arab which you certainly can't access without a room or dining reservation.

You absolutely can visit Atlantis, although you'll be limited to public areas. Clearly you can use restaurants and leisure facilities as a non-resident if you're happy to pay.
Old Oct 26, 16, 1:19 pm
Original Poster

ok, thanks.
Old Nov 2, 16, 7:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP LT Plat >3 Million miles,HH Lifetime Diamond
What do you want to do at Atlantis?
Old Nov 2, 16, 10:03 pm
Original Poster

Just exploring the property.
Old Jul 15, 17, 3:28 am
SPG Contributor Badge

Programs: SLH Indulged, M&M, SPG, IHG Elite, Hyatt Member
I tried to explore the property from the northern side but a security guard stopped me and and asked whether I had a reservation. I did not and couldn't pass. I find that a little off-putting. Other such properties have no problem with that.
Old Jul 15, 17, 5:12 am

Programs: Emirates, Qatar Airways
You're fine in the lower floor area around the restaurants, the aquarium etc but you cannot go upstairs into the 'guest' areas unless you have a pass. It's worth a visit. Amazing place.
Old Jul 15, 17, 8:16 am

The floor below the lobby is, as Deleerious mentioned, free for anyone to wander, but you cannot then get up the stairs to the lobby level.

I found out through two separate occasions (two years apart!) that you can't just go into the main lobby of the hotel itself, unless you are a resident or have a restaurant reservation at one of the places within the hotel building. My mum was curious to have a look, but was left disappointed both times.

Bread Street Kitchen, for example, is inside "The Avenues" annex of the complex (alongside most of the other Atlantis restaurants) and not inside the hotel building, so eating there will not allow you to pass the security guard into the hotel. If you want to go into the main hotel building, you have to pick the restaurant which is inside the hotel itself, such as Saffron or Ayamna.
Old Sep 20, 17, 6:15 pm

if we have a rental car, can we park there?
Old Sep 21, 17, 12:33 am

Originally Posted by travelbarefeet View Post
Yes, but I think the only choice is to valet, and you need to get a stamp on the valet ticket after using the restaurant (if not an in-house guest).
Old Sep 26, 17, 1:19 am

Originally Posted by travelbarefeet View Post
You can park for free on the road just in front of the hotel. There you can also find a few food trucks.
Old Sep 28, 17, 3:27 am

Originally Posted by sharp5flat9 View Post
I think you're confusing Atlantis with the Burj Al Arab which you certainly can't access without a room or dining reservation.

You absolutely can visit Atlantis, although you'll be limited to public areas. Clearly you can use restaurants and leisure facilities as a non-resident if you're happy to pay.
Can you or anyone inform of how much they charge to visit Atlantis and/or leisure facilities?

Which airline is the best to visit Atlantis from the UK? I know a couple of like: Emirates, Oman Air, Lufthansa or any other?
Old Sep 29, 17, 4:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, LH, QR, TK
Originally Posted by TheMadeTraveler View Post
Can you or anyone inform of how much they charge to visit Atlantis and/or leisure facilities?

Which airline is the best to visit Atlantis from the UK? I know a couple of like: Emirates, Oman Air, Lufthansa or any other?
i'm not trying to be difficult, but why would anyone want to visit a hotel they're not staying at?

I'm no fan of Dubai, but surely there are more interesting things to do there

Travelling from uk specifically to visit Atlantis sounds unhinged.
Old Oct 4, 17, 11:49 pm

Originally Posted by IAN-UK View Post
i'm not trying to be difficult, but why would anyone want to visit a hotel they're not staying at?

I'm no fan of Dubai, but surely there are more interesting things to do there

Travelling from uk specifically to visit Atlantis sounds unhinged.
I didn't ask just for visiting Atlantis and if I am not wrong, no one will do.

I am not that type of person to visit the Dubai just of Atlantis.
Old Oct 5, 17, 3:26 am

Agree with sharp5flat9. You can access lounge or restaurant area in Atlantis even if you are not staying there.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: