Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Middle East including Egypt > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Cairo Airport Duty Free @ T3

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2016, 11:17 am
Original Poster

I've used Cairo Airport numerous times but never paid much attention to their duty free.

I'd like to know what I could purchase following at CAI Duty Free at T3:

*Some good quality chocolates like Godiva?
*Scotch whisky or premier Champagne?

If any of above item is possible to purchase, any clue how does the price compare with other airports?

I'll be coming from Mumbai transferring through Cairo but debating myself whether I should buy at BOM or CAI.

Any help greatly appreciated.
Old Sep 3, 2016, 6:14 am

Programs: LH M&M SEN, Accor Plat
CAI is fine for duty free and you should be able to find premium chocolates and a decent selection of alcohol but it won't be as comprehensive as BOM. Will be cheaper though.
Old Sep 3, 2016, 7:45 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mywaterbroke
CAI is fine for duty free and you should be able to find premium chocolates and a decent selection of alcohol but it won't be as comprehensive as BOM. Will be cheaper though.
Thanks for the advice! I'll gladly look at options at CAI then.
Old Sep 9, 2016, 4:16 am

Programs: AAPlat,AZFA+,A3,
Originally Posted by sushimaru
Thanks for the advice! I'll gladly look at options at CAI then.
Cairo airport Duty Free is rather expensive compared to others- there isn't a selection of premium champagne either- you'll get the basics, but most are 59-65USD a bottle.

I haven't seen Godiva there and I use the airport often, mostly through Terminal 1 though.
Old Sep 9, 2016, 11:13 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by John Kennett
Cairo airport Duty Free is rather expensive compared to others- there isn't a selection of premium champagne either- you'll get the basics, but most are 59-65USD a bottle.

I haven't seen Godiva there and I use the airport often, mostly through Terminal 1 though.
Thanks for the details. That was helpful. No Godiva? May be Neuhaus or any brand pralines available?
Old Oct 4, 2016, 6:07 am

Programs: Qatar Plat
Everything is priced in Dollars, so I bet you could do better at another airport. However, they usually have some decent items on sale.
Old Oct 5, 2016, 9:28 am

Programs: UA 1MM/1K, HH Diamond
Does anyone have recent reports on the Duty Free stores in downtown Cairo? Used to be they had good deals, but it's been a while since I was there...
Old Oct 6, 2016, 5:00 am

Programs: Qatar Plat
If you want imported alcohol, it's basically your only choice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.