Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Middle East including Egypt > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Hour restrictions for Egyptian visa on arrival?

Old Mar 16, 16, 11:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Platinum

Hello,

I was wondering if anybody has experience with purchasing a visa on arrival in Cairo and can confirm if there are any time restrictions on when you can get one? I'm scheduled to arrive at 8:30PM and don't want to find out that I need to spend the night in the airport until it opens in the morning. Is there human interaction, or is it just an automated machine?

Thanks
Old Mar 16, 16, 5:11 pm

It is done at any one of many booths manned by people whenever the airport is open. You give them money and they give you the visa. With exact change the process takes less than a minute.
Old Mar 16, 16, 9:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Platinum
Thanks!
Old Apr 27, 16, 12:51 pm

Programs: HH, VA, QF, SQ
VOA in Egypt warning

Just arrived in Egypt and got done within the first 10 minutes. I am travelling with 2 ladies so put US$75 on the counter. The guy in the bank took it from the countertop to his desk (out of my eyesight) and then put it back up saying I had only given him US$45. Just a note of warning for future travellers.
Old Jun 29, 16, 12:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
Originally Posted by FlossieFlyer View Post
Just arrived in Egypt and got done within the first 10 minutes. I am travelling with 2 ladies so put US$75 on the counter. The guy in the bank took it from the countertop to his desk (out of my eyesight) and then put it back up saying I had only given him US$45. Just a note of warning for future travellers.
Did he get away with it?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: