Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Middle East including Egypt > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Best place in Dubai for Friday brunch

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2016, 12:14 am
Original Poster

Hello,

I m going to Dubai in end of this month and keep hearing about Friday Brunch? So whats good about it and is it worth it and where is the best place to brunch ?

Thanks
Old Mar 16, 2016, 6:06 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
Best place for Friday brunch

It's not really a bit inch per say
It can get very expensive and you might need to make reservations
Remember there is no alcohol served
If you are light eater don't bother
Friday is their holy day
When we were there last year nothing was really working including the trains till after 1 pm
Old Mar 16, 2016, 6:35 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by ameliebrown
Hello,

I m going to Dubai in end of this month and keep hearing about Friday Brunch? So whats good about it and is it worth it and where is the best place to brunch ?

Thanks
First things first. There IS alcohol served (if you wish to have it) at ALL Dubai hotel-based Friday Brunches (the hotel based Friday Brunches are the best in quality/variety).

Everything is pretty much open as normal on a Friday in Dubai (I have no idea what the previous poster is referring to?). Some retailers (car e.g. dealerships) don’t open until afternoons. The metro is open in the afternoon. Other than that - BAU ^

The Brunch is a Dubai institution - you will need resrvations. Some are indoors - some outdoors. Basically its mostly a large (VERY large) buffet, often with live cooking stations. Some are a la carte Brunches too. Quality/cost varies - what are your preferences & I can provide more guidance. Where are you staying> Do you imbibe alcohol?
Old Mar 16, 2016, 7:16 am

Programs: BA Gold/OWE
They a fixed price and eat/drink as much a you can would like affairs. There are usually price options for soft drinks only, house beverages or premium brands/champagne. There are different 'vibes' ranging from quite restrained to full-on excess consumption and partying.

There is something to suit all tastes and budgets, from champagne and lobster to lager and curry. Every major hotel does this so there are dozens to choose from. Time Out usually has a listing of the 'top 10'.

Whether you find it value for money is another matter; I can never eat and drink enough to make it worthwhile. But it is a Gulf 'institution', as NoY says. And brunch runs from about 1pm until 4pm, often followed by an after party. Don't plan on doing anything in the evening other than sleeping off the excesses ...

And the metro now runs from 10am on Fridays
Old Mar 16, 2016, 9:15 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Ha! Good to know about the metro - actually, thinking about it - I haven’t used it for about 4 years
Old Mar 20, 2016, 3:55 am

Originally Posted by fotographer
Remember there is no alcohol served
Funniest post I've read all week!
Old Mar 24, 2016, 3:23 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by stargold
Funniest post I've read all week!
Best cancel my Yalumba reservations tomorrow!

Was looking forward to getting trollied on Bolly 😂😂
Old Mar 25, 2016, 2:39 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
We did a bit of research and decided that the brunch at Le Brisas @ Emirates Palace would have been the best bang for buck, in terms of good food plus getting to enjoy the opulence of the palace grounds. That said, we sway for Starwood properties, and decided either St Regis properties had good spreads as well. That said, you could choose from a dozen or more 5* hotels to have brunch at and would be happy as well I would think - unless you only eat gastronomy food all the time. As for pricing, most were around the 270-300AED mark per person for the non-alcoholic packages.
Old Apr 1, 2016, 11:19 pm

Programs: HH, VA, QF, SQ, Air NZ
Any recommendations on Brunch during Ramadan? I have tried a couple - including Emirates Palace and they are all closed for the month.

Alcohol is not a huge concern, just nice food before we fly to BNE on Friday night.
Old Apr 1, 2016, 11:58 pm

Alanslegal and flossieflyer - this thread is about brunch in Dubai. The Emirates Palace is in Abu Dhabi.
Old Apr 2, 2016, 1:14 am

Originally Posted by FlossieFlyer
Any recommendations on Brunch during Ramadan? I have tried a couple - including Emirates Palace and they are all closed for the month.

Alcohol is not a huge concern, just nice food before we fly to BNE on Friday night.
No hotel is allowed to serve alcohol before sunset during Ramadan, hence no brunch.

Each hotel will have a somewhat reduced F&B offering during Ramadan daytime (with the exception of DIFC complex, which opens as usual) so you would have to check which restaurants are serving food at what times.
Old Apr 2, 2016, 3:32 am

Programs: BA Gold/OWE
As I'm sure you know, eating, drinking and smoking is not permitted in public between sunrise and sunset during the holy month. Those hotel restaurants and mall outlets that do open during the day are permitted to do so but are very much hidden away. That is not conducive to the party atmosphere of a brunch. Nightlife is much more restrained even where alcohol is served.

I would recommend you check out evening 'iftar' buffets instead. This is the traditional fast-breaking meal and some hotel offerings are absolutely excellent. No alcohol, although you can move on to a bar if you so wish.
Old Apr 4, 2016, 10:07 am

Programs: AA EXP/LT Plat, SPG Plat/LT Plat, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, MR Silver
I've heard over and over that the brunch at Nobu, while expensive, actually represents one of the best values when you account for the quality champagne they serve and high quality sushi.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.