Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Middle East including Egypt > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Dubai/Abu Dhabi Chauffer/Limo Service

Old Mar 13, 16, 11:25 pm
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Diamond

I've had a near impossible time finding reviews of Chauffer/Limo service in Dubai and Abu Dhabi, has anyone here had any experience in this area? I already have a transfer through a chauffer service for our pickup from DXB-Park Hyatt in Abu Dhabi, and want to use the same company for pickup from PH Abu Dhabi-PH Dubai with several hours of sightseeing in between, but I'm concerned because the company is cash only, and don't know how likely it is they'll take off after dropping us off somewhere after we've already given them the cash.

Any recommendations?
Thanks!
Old Mar 14, 16, 2:04 am

Programs: BA Gold/OWE
Uber ? Or local competitor Careem ?
Old Mar 16, 16, 2:29 am

Programs: EY Platinum
Al Ghazal do limos, as do Careem.

Many places are cash only in this country - it's a norm rather than an exception.
Old Mar 16, 16, 4:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by csdf View Post
Al Ghazal do limos, as do Careem.

Many places are cash only in this country - it's a norm rather than an exception.
We'll that's good to know.
My concern is I have two bookings, a limo from DXB to the Park Hyatt Abu Dhabi and then a specialty SUV from Park Hyatt Abu Dhabi to go sightseeing in Dubai with a dropoff at the Park Hyatt in Dubai. Between the two, it's 4200 AED, and I like the vehicles I booked, but the company wants all 4200 up front (upon pickup at DXB) because they're based in Dubai and will be driving to Abu Dhabi to get me. What are the odds that they bait-and-switch vehicles or plain do not show up at all? And what recourse, if any, do I have if they don't hold up their end? Can't find a single review (and barely any reviews of any limo companies in general out there).
Old Mar 16, 16, 11:29 pm

4,200 sounds like a lot of dirham. An Al Ghazal limo from AD to DXB airport is around 600 dhs. I guess most of the cost is in the sightseeing stage? Still, sounds like a LOT of money to me. If I were you I'd try Al Ghazal for an alternative quote. Or Careem's business car service (usually a Lexus, Merc or Beemer but you can't pick in advance what vehicle you get.). For 4,200 AED you could probably rent a Landcruiser for a month.
Old Mar 16, 16, 11:31 pm

OH, and Europcar also offers a chauffeur drive service here (they handle Etihad's chauffeur service): http://www.europcar-abudhabi.com/pages/chauffeur-drive

Maybe you'll feel more confident with them?
Old Mar 17, 16, 1:19 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by csdf View Post
4,200 sounds like a lot of dirham. An Al Ghazal limo from AD to DXB airport is around 600 dhs. I guess most of the cost is in the sightseeing stage? Still, sounds like a LOT of money to me. If I were you I'd try Al Ghazal for an alternative quote. Or Careem's business car service (usually a Lexus, Merc or Beemer but you can't pick in advance what vehicle you get.). For 4,200 AED you could probably rent a Landcruiser for a month.
4200 includes limo from DXB to PH Abu Dhabi, and Luxury SUV PH ABU Dhabi-PH Dubai and 8 hours of sightseeing. I don't think we'll end up doing the luxury SUV. Handing over ~$800 USD and having to trust they'll show up two days later seems a little much to ask. I just wish I could find reviews of this, but there's zip. Seems fishy to me to begin with, but the website is actively managed along with their Social Media.
Old Mar 19, 16, 5:35 am

Originally Posted by joecool1885 View Post
4200 includes limo from DXB to PH Abu Dhabi, and Luxury SUV PH ABU Dhabi-PH Dubai and 8 hours of sightseeing. I don't think we'll end up doing the luxury SUV. Handing over ~$800 USD and having to trust they'll show up two days later seems a little much to ask. I just wish I could find reviews of this, but there's zip. Seems fishy to me to begin with, but the website is actively managed along with their Social Media.
Abu Dhabi taxis cost (very approx) approx 100 aed per 30 mins at motorway speed and 15 aed per 15 mins in town. I cannot believe that you should be paying 4200 aed for these two trips.
Take an airport taxi/limo from Dubai to Abu Dhabi.
From Abu Dhabi, get taken direct to your Dubai hotel, deposit luggage and then go sightseeing.
I doubt you will pay more than 1500 total.

Last edited by muscat; Mar 19, 16 at 5:43 am
Old Mar 20, 16, 4:38 am

4,200AED is almost 4 times more than what a normal car service (Toyota MPV) will cost for the same journey. Even accounting for the cost of the car, it's pretty crazy.

And it would be even more crazy to pay anything upfront. If you really want to take this luxury MPV option, I would force the company to allocate the cost into the two rides and pay after each ride.

Otherwise, if you would be happy with a more "usual" car (Previa or Lexus ES), I can recommend some reliable guys.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: