Missing Israeli exit stamp

Old Jan 17, 2014, 7:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Missing Israeli exit stamp

The last time I exited Israel was in 2012 (ie prior to the new arrangements) and no exit stamp was placed in my passport at TLV. There is an entry stamp in there however for that trip but nothing to show when I left. My other half never got an exit stamp either (I can't remember now if we went to the same passport booth or not).

Is this likely to cause any problems when we return in a couple of months?
Old Jan 17, 2014, 8:17 am

You would have had your passport scanned (and recording as exiting) at Tel Aviv passport control though? No Israeli passport stamps now anyway, so I don't think they will be looking closely at previous stamps(?).
Old Jan 18, 2014, 11:40 am

I never get an exit stamp at Heathrow ....
Old Jan 18, 2014, 11:46 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DanielW
You would have had your passport scanned (and recording as exiting) at Tel Aviv passport control though?
I presume so. We passed through passport control in the normal way it's just that there's no exit stamp

Originally Posted by mbgg
I never get an exit stamp at Heathrow ....
Not sure how that relates to this thread. You don't pass through passport control when exiting the UK so there's no stamp to be had.
Old Jan 19, 2014, 5:04 am

My passport, prior to the new system had accumulated 14 or 15 entry and another 14-15 exit stamps. They were all over the place and I am confident that no one looked to match entries with exits. Obviously you left--I would not be concerned in the least. ( you needed all the appropriate stamps/paper to get out of the immigration area into the departure hall.
Old Jan 20, 2014, 4:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by awayIgo
My passport, prior to the new system had accumulated 14 or 15 entry and another 14-15 exit stamps. They were all over the place and I am confident that no one looked to match entries with exits. Obviously you left--I would not be concerned in the least. ( you needed all the appropriate stamps/paper to get out of the immigration area into the departure hall.
Thanks
Old Jan 28, 2014, 12:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
The only countries who really check whether entries and exits match up are the countries of the stamps themselves. So every time I go to a Schengen country, I have an issue because I have an exit listed with no entry matching up to it (the stamp mostly faded). But they don't care about whether my Canadian stamps match up or not. Same with Israel. The only country that cares whether the Israeli stamps match up is Israel - and Israel knows they stopped giving stamps some time ago
Old Feb 3, 2014, 6:05 pm

Programs: ABBA
Like above, I have israel stamps over 4 or 5 pages in my passport, they've never looked that closely.

When in 2012 did you enter -- if in the last 3 months there's nothing to say you didn't exit until January 2013 in any case

Are passports still stamped at land borders? I was stamped at Erez last year.
Old Feb 4, 2014, 9:33 am

Programs: AA EXP & 3MM, Priority Club Plat since 1984
Originally Posted by paulwuk
Like above, I have israel stamps over 4 or 5 pages in my passport, they've never looked that closely.

When in 2012 did you enter -- if in the last 3 months there's nothing to say you didn't exit until January 2013 in any case

Are passports still stamped at land borders? I was stamped at Erez last year.
Passports are still stamped at land crossings, you do have the option there of getting a piece of paper stamped instead.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.