Current Abu Dhabi visa fees?

Old Jan 9, 14, 5:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA, DL, HA, QF (ex-TW, AA, NW)
Current Abu Dhabi visa fees?

Originally Posted by beergut View Post
Depends what passport you're entering with, the following get a free visa on arrival.

France, Italy, Germany, the Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, Switzerland, Austria, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Portugal, Ireland, Greece, Cyprus, Finland, Malta, Spain, Monaco, Vatican City, Iceland, Andorra, San Marino, Liechtenstein, UK, United States (US), Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, Brunei, Singapore, Malaysia and Hong Kong
Everything I see via Google indicates this is still the case for US passport holders, but are there any US passport holding FTers who can confirm it from recent experience?

Also, does UAE (AUH in particular) require N months of passport validity? I'm considering visiting just under 6 months before I renew my passport. I haven't seen any mention of this sort of requirement so far.
Old Jan 9, 14, 8:15 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, GF, EK, WY
Have you checked TIMATIC ? That's the database the airlines use and is accessible at: http://www.iatatravelcentre.com

I put in some random data matching your scenario and got this back:

Passport required.
Document Validity

Passport or passport replacing documents of visitors must be valid for:
- at least 3 months from the date of entry, for visits of up to 3 months; or
- at least 6 months from the date of entry, for visits exceeding 3 months.
YMMV of course, so try with your precise data.

And please don't dredge up old threads (anything over 2 years). Better to start a new one to avoid confusing people.

hth
Old Jan 9, 14, 8:52 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, TAP, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, and The Suggestion Box

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
As the previous thread dated to 2008, we've moved this query to its own thread.

Link to TIMATIC web from United Airlines

Link to TIMATIC web courtesy of Star Alliance

TIMATIC is what the airlines use to determine whether one is properly documented for travel or not.

Visit Abu Dhabi website states: Citizens of Australia, Andorra, Austria, Brunei, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Monaco, The Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, San Marino, Singapore, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, United States of America and the Vatican State can get a free-of-charge entry visa upon arrival at Abu Dhabi International Airport.

JDiver
senior moderrator
Old Jan 9, 14, 11:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA, DL, HA, QF (ex-TW, AA, NW)
Originally Posted by dunk View Post
Have you checked TIMATIC ? That's the database the airlines use and is accessible at: http://www.iatatravelcentre.com
Originally Posted by JDiver View Post
Link to TIMATIC web from United Airlines

Link to TIMATIC web courtesy of Star Alliance

TIMATIC is what the airlines use to determine whether one is properly documented for travel or not.
Cool, thanks for the links! I've heard of TIMATIC before but wasn't aware I could access it. I'll give it a look. I'd only be there a week or so, so I don't think it'd be a problem.

Originally Posted by dunk View Post
And please don't dredge up old threads (anything over 2 years). Better to start a new one to avoid confusing people.
Originally Posted by JDiver View Post
As the previous thread dated to 2008, we've moved this query to its own thread.
Thanks, Mods! Whether to bump or start a new thread (or where the line is between the two options) seems to vary a bit depending on the forum and moderator here; sorry for guessing wrong. My bad.

Last edited by DanTravels; Jan 10, 14 at 12:02 am
Old Jan 10, 14, 3:25 pm

Location: Happily living in Frenaros Cyprus having escaped the near-death experience called Sofia Bulgaria
Programs: Etihad Guest Gold, DL FO and 1MM, and a bunch of others at a low level
I just transitted through Abu Dhabi on 20 and 29 December 2013 and Etihad put me up in a hotel on Yas Island both nights instead of the airport transit hotel. I hold a US passport. No visa was required.
Old Jan 11, 14, 11:15 am

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM; former GS
Originally Posted by STBCypriot View Post
I just transitted through Abu Dhabi on 20 and 29 December 2013 and Etihad put me up in a hotel on Yas Island both nights instead of the airport transit hotel. I hold a US passport. No visa was required.
From a practical perspective you are correct, but I believe from a technical perspective a visa is required to enter the UAE. The passport stamp you received leaving the Abu Dhabi airport was a visa good for usually 30 days.

One of the long time ME posters will soon correct me if I am the one technically wrong.
Old Jan 17, 14, 9:35 am

Location: Happily living in Frenaros Cyprus having escaped the near-death experience called Sofia Bulgaria
Programs: Etihad Guest Gold, DL FO and 1MM, and a bunch of others at a low level
Originally Posted by FC ORD View Post
From a practical perspective you are correct, but I believe from a technical perspective a visa is required to enter the UAE. The passport stamp you received leaving the Abu Dhabi airport was a visa good for usually 30 days.

One of the long time ME posters will soon correct me if I am the one technically wrong.
There was a location near the transfer desk, quite separate from immigration, with a sign for visas and there were people in a queue there. But I was not directed to that line so I do not know who is required to go to that desk.
Old Jan 17, 14, 10:38 am
Moderator: Trip Reports

Originally Posted by STBCypriot View Post
There was a location near the transfer desk, quite separate from immigration, with a sign for visas and there were people in a queue there. But I was not directed to that line so I do not know who is required to go to that desk.
That's for people who need a real visa, i.e. organised and applied for beforehand, like people from India, not VOA people from the E.U., U.S. Etc.

Search this Thread