Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Middle East including Egypt > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Dubai & Maldives or Paris & Italy for a honeymoon?

Old Nov 21, 13, 11:14 pm
Original Poster

which would you pick?

2 week honeymoon...
Old Nov 22, 13, 12:15 am

Programs: Skywards Platinum
Originally Posted by dakid23 View Post
which would you pick?

2 week honeymoon...
What time of year?

If May through to September I wouldn't choose Dubai as it gets very warm. In fact from that list Dubai would be my last choice, you'll be bored after 4 days, there's not a lot to do unless you like shopping centres (I live in Dubai).

Maybe do the Maldives and Dubai together; stop off in Dubai for 3 days before relaxing in the Maldives.
Old Nov 22, 13, 8:48 am

which would you pick?

2 week honeymoon...
I would honestly say Paris & Maldives. But it depends on what experience you're looking for.

For me Paris, though cliched and "familiar" would offer the classic romance, culture, nightlife, etc. while the Maldives would be new but ultra-relaxing (and also super romantic). Paris/Rome would be thrilling but hectic and Dubai would be better suited to a quick stop en route to somewhere else.

A little background on your usual travel habits, interests, and priorities would probably produce more helpful responses.
Old Nov 22, 13, 11:20 am
Original Poster

Here is some more info

I've never been to any of these places.

Oct 19-31 2014

we will be 28 & 26 years old

We love shopping

we are looking for Romance, Alone time , City life, & Night life.
Old Nov 24, 13, 3:54 am

Programs: LH FTL, BA Silver, Sixt Platinum, HH Silver
Hi,
I (we) have been to Tuscany in Italy for Honeymoon, you can perfectly combine romance with excellent food there. However in October it's quite chilly and sometimes rainy. Same applies to Paris.
Personally I love Dubai (ok, I don't have to live there), but it's perfect for shopping, and regarding luxury hotels you get great value for money. My favourite: Grosvenor House in Dubai Marina.
Old Dec 8, 13, 9:49 pm

I'd choose Paris & Italy by a country mile.

There's no substitute for the history, culture and style on display in Paris and the better parts of Italy. Areas of Southern Italy and The Amalfi Coast are amongst my favourite places on the planet. The only consideration you have is weather, Italy should be ok but Paris will be getting miserable around October.

I honestly think 2 weeks on a beach in The Maldives will get boring (but you may not), and Dubai is best served as a stopover en route to somewhere else.
Old Dec 12, 13, 4:34 am

Paris & Italy. Who would choose Dubai for a honeymoon???

The Maldives look incredible, but check out the La Maddalena Archipelago in the north of Sardinia. It's got the most amazing beaches in the entire Mediterranean and could perhaps give those in the Maldives a run for their money!
Old Dec 12, 13, 12:00 pm

Programs: UA/AA

We love shopping
Dubai and Abu Dhabi (they're 90 minutes apart) are shopping heaven.
Old Dec 16, 13, 3:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Originally Posted by chrispy85 View Post
Who would choose Dubai for a honeymoon???
I can't imagine why anyone would do that unless they live in Dubai and don't have the time or money to travel.
Old Dec 24, 13, 12:12 pm

Oh gosh...sorry but I'd skip Dubai. Not to sound cynical...but I live in Abu Dhabi for the last year and I've been to Paris. Im a woman also. Dubai is great for shopping, but for a honeymoon, no way. Also, October is still hot...seriously. Its not as bad as the July/August, but the humidity is horrible. It might be ok during that time, but it could be bad...I wouldn't risk it.

I'd go for Maldives and Paris or Italy. Ive never been to Italy, but close by in Monaco. Its beautiful. Do Dubai on your anniversary, lol.
Old Dec 30, 13, 6:47 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
I have been twice to Maldives and still think it is heaven on earth. It would be my no 1 choice for honeymoon, despite I spent mine in Australia and Fiji.

Dubai is a perfect 3-4 night stopover, combination of luxury, wonderful beaches and second to none shopping (better than Paris and Italy combined together) at reasonable prices. In Paris you won't get much luxury unless you are willing to spend 1k / night at FS George V.

For me Maldives are meant to be boring. It's kind of paradise I don't expect lots of things going on. But it doesn't have to be if you stay at Conrad for instance. They have a good amount of excellent restaurants, plenty of activities, beach dinners and even winer cellar storing all sort of wines you could ask for, including Petrus at US$5k per bottle
Old Dec 30, 13, 8:50 pm

Originally Posted by stiwi View Post

Dubai is a perfect 3-4 night stopover, combination of luxury, wonderful beaches and second to none shopping (better than Paris and Italy combined together) at reasonable prices. In Paris you won't get much luxury unless you are willing to spend 1k / night at FS George V.
Makes sense to me.

dakid23... I assume that the Dubai/Maldives vs Paris/Italy options are paired together because of the flights? A stopover in Dubai on the way to the Maldives sounds heavenly... but based on a cursory search it looks like you might be in for a lot of rain in the Maldives then so make sure you consider weather

Search this Thread
Search Engine: