TLV - Terminal 3 to Terminal 1

Old Sep 1, 13, 9:01 am
Original Poster

TLV - Terminal 3 to Terminal 1

I will be arriving TLV via United flight 84 from EWR to TLV later this month. Given that United is routinely 30 minutes late on this itinerary, I'm beginning to wonder if I will have enough time to make my connection. I will be arriving Terminal 3 at 9:45 AM and departing Terminal 1 (El Al) at 12:10 PM. Can someone provide feedback on what it takes to get from Terminal 3 to 1 (e.g. taxi/train, immigration, baggage claim, etc.)?

Thanks.
Old Sep 1, 13, 12:30 pm

The entire procedure of landing is rather quick. The only delay is baggage claim. I did it several times in 20 minutes, but it could take even up to 45 minutes, if baggage arrives late.

After baggage claim, you waive customs and now you are in the reception (arrivals) hall:go to exit 01 (on your right) and go to the road platform. There is a signage for the free airport shuttle. The shuttle runs every 20 minutes, 24/7. When the shuttle arrives, tell the driver your destination is terminal 1. It's about 15 minutes drive (the shuttle drives rather slow...) to terminal 1.
Old Sep 1, 13, 3:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
I fly United pretty often (84/90), and haven't seen it be routinely a half hour late
Old Sep 2, 13, 10:17 am

You have to go through a security check at Terminal 1. The El Al web site says: Please arrive at the check-in counter at Eilat Airport / Ben-Gurion Airport Terminal 1 at least one and a half hours before the flight, i.e. 10:40. This means that you have to get on the shuttle by 10:30. In Terminal 3 you have to walk to immigration, do the immigration check and pick up luggage (usually arrives on the carousel very quickly at TLV compared to other airports). So if you arrive at 9:45 AM you have 45 min to get out and to the shuttle. Personally, I would book a later flight .....
Old Sep 2, 13, 10:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_1_4 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10B350 Safari/8536.25)

With 2.5 hours connection time you really have nothing to worry about.
Old Sep 2, 13, 10:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mbgg View Post
You have to go through a security check at Terminal 1. The El Al web site says: Please arrive at the check-in counter at Eilat Airport / Ben-Gurion Airport Terminal 1 at least one and a half hours before the flight, i.e. 10:40. This means that you have to get on the shuttle by 10:30. In Terminal 3 you have to walk to immigration, do the immigration check and pick up luggage (usually arrives on the carousel very quickly at TLV compared to other airports). So if you arrive at 9:45 AM you have 45 min to get out and to the shuttle. Personally, I would book a later flight .....
I disagree. I routinely land on this flight and am well on my way by 12:10
Old Sep 2, 13, 1:00 pm

I disagree. I routinely land on this flight and am well on my way by 12:10
I assume you mean 10:10. That is usually my time frame also. But the last time I arrived the carousel didn't start turning for 20 minutes ! That never happened before. It's the OP's decision - nobody here can guarantee that (a) the flight will be on time, (b) the lineup at immigration will not be longer than usual (c) the luggage will come out quickly (d) the shuttle is running on schedule (e) all of the above.
Old Sep 2, 13, 1:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No, I meant 12:10. OP says departing flights leaves at 12:10, and I'm saying that if I'm far from the airport at that point, clearly OP should have enough time to make it to the departing flight.
Regarding your points, number 1 is probably the biggest factor, though applies with all connecting flights. B has workarounds (can cut lines/use the disabled line if need be). C is true, though generally not a major concern at TLV. D - OP can take a taxi even if need be. (I'm not refuting you - just pointing things out for the OP)
Old Sep 3, 13, 12:13 am

OK, I'm not refuting you either. It really depends on the OP - will he be nervous & hysterical for 10 hours if his flight leaves 15 min late ? He should do what he feels comfortable with.

Search this Thread