Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Middle East including Egypt > Middle East
Reload this Page >

CAI Cairo flight connections

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CAI Cairo flight connections

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2013, 10:02 pm

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
Originally Posted by MK19791980
Stress free now after all the information I have received.....what is the best * Alliance lounge to use in CAIRO?
There are several (like five or six?) EgyptAir lounges, in the main departures hall and down the concourses where the gates are. They all seem pretty much the same.
Old Sep 13, 2013, 4:20 am

Programs: United 1k
Originally Posted by mecabq
There are several (like five or six?) EgyptAir lounges, in the main departures hall and down the concourses where the gates are. They all seem pretty much the same.
Thanks for the information mecabqa!
Old Sep 15, 2013, 5:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
I was departing on Qatar in First. Not sure what lounge they use but it was very nice.
Old Sep 16, 2013, 7:47 pm

Originally Posted by Annalisa12
I was departing on Qatar in First. Not sure what lounge they use but it was very nice.
It will be nice to try the Qatar lounge, but I'm not sure if we can get access since we're flying Egypt air business class on our connection flight.
Old Sep 26, 2013, 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by josh12431243
I have a United award travel flight from BKK to JFK with a 5 hour layover in Cairo. United will not reroute me because the flight to Cairo is on Egypt Air and due to limited availability of this route in August, my only other option is to shell out another 30K miles to fly business class.

What do the experts advise I do? Is it safe to transit through the Cairo Airport?
how was your transit through Cairo in August?
Old Oct 13, 2013, 7:50 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, BA Amex PP
Has anyone been through Cairo airport recently and can update on what it is like? I am flying into CAI next month on Egyptair which lands at T3 and then need to take an RJ flight to AMM from T1.

Flight lands at 5.15 am and RJ flight leaves at 10.15am so hopefully plenty of time to get out through customs and swap terminals! I assume I need a visa as I need to go landside to change terminals, has anyone done this?
Old Oct 15, 2013, 8:57 am

Programs: Qatar Plat
There is a free shuttle bus to transport you to the other terminal.
Old Oct 29, 2013, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by nh1980
Has anyone been through Cairo airport recently and can update on what it is like? I am flying into CAI next month on Egyptair which lands at T3 and then need to take an RJ flight to AMM from T1.

Flight lands at 5.15 am and RJ flight leaves at 10.15am so hopefully plenty of time to get out through customs and swap terminals! I assume I need a visa as I need to go landside to change terminals, has anyone done this?
Also interested in the current situation...will only be transferring, but I am on the late-night 10.55pm flight to JNB...is there still a curfew in place?
Old Oct 29, 2013, 3:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Also interested in the current situation...will only be transferring, but I am on the late-night 10.55pm flight to JNB...is there still a curfew in place?
no.
Old Jan 15, 2014, 10:47 pm

Cairo airport layover

Trying to get to either Kenya or Namibia from the Eastern USA. My miles are with the star alliance and it seems like one of my only options is through Egypt. I may even have to do an 11 hour layover.

Is it safe in the airport and what is the airport like? I would in theory go out to see the city but I have been there in the Mubarak days and don't feel like taking a risk now since I have already seen it. I will also be with my wife and baby girl.

Thank you
Old Jan 16, 2014, 2:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Be brave The simplest thing to do would be to get out of the system into a Heliopolos/Nasr City hotel if you have a long layover. The airport is fine, but not a place you'd want to inflict on your family for over six hours.

There are hotels very close to the airport, and only 10-15 minutes away you have the Citystars complex with an Intercontinental, a Holiday Inn and a mega shopping-mall/ entertainment complex. No need to go downtown.
Old Jan 16, 2014, 10:26 pm

If your wife has never been to pyramids before and you can brave the Cairo traffic, why not?
Old Jan 17, 2014, 9:40 am

Thanks guys. The airport hotel is a great idea. I won't even need a visa for myself just my wife and daughter so that will make it easier. I certainly will offer my wife when we are there to go to the pyramids it's just that I can see her being nervous with all the bad press lately. I know it's overrated and things seem a bit better now. Personally I would like to see Tahir square as I don't recall if I saw it when I was there.

If the pyramid makes her nervous then we will either rest up in the hotel or perhaps go to the museum which is a bit more secure I suppose. Still mad I couldn't take pics of the mummies
Old Jan 17, 2014, 9:45 am

Just tell her you're just going out for some pizza.
Old Jan 20, 2014, 3:53 pm

Connecting flights at Cairo

Hi everyone I' new here so forgive me for any mistakes. I'm flying to Jeddah in Saudi Arabia via Egypt. The thing is I am taking a British Airways flight from London to Cairo then have a Saudi Airlines flight from there to Jeddah. I'm arriving at 23.45 and my Saudi Air flight leaves at 2.20 (2h35m) Is this enough time to claim baggage from my british airways flight and check in again for the saudi flight to Jeddah? Are baggage claim times quick at Cairo airport? By the way I am arriving at terminal 1 and also leaving from terminal 1

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.