Search

Oman visa

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2013, 11:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: Gold DL, Silver UA, Hyatt Platinum
Oman visa

Hi everyone,
Does anyone have any knowledge of the procedures for entering Oman on an American passport?
Online, the information is inconsistent. Just wanted to know if it's visa-on-arrival for American tourists.
Would appreciate help from those who have gone through MCT recently.
A
Old May 19, 2013, 11:44 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Stick with TIMATIC since it's what the air carriers rely on. You can access it without charge from a number of sites. Star Alliance is one of them:

http://www.staralliance.com/en/services/

The information in your post is not sufficient to answer your question. Note the fields which may matter include country of residency (which might be different than citizenship), embarkation point, stopovers and where you have recently been.
Old May 20, 2013, 12:57 pm

The previous poster is spot on. However I'll share with you that on my visit to Muscat two years ago (arriving on a direct flight from Dubai) I was given an Omani visa on arrival as a US passport holder on a visit. There was no charge for it by Omani immigration since I had a recent entry stamp from the United Arab Emirates in my passport. Otherwise there is some kind of a fee if I recall correctly.
Old May 21, 2013, 12:40 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH FTL, KL/AF Ivory
In general the Gulf States are Visa on Arrival and there's usually a small fee attached. If I remember correctly, in Muscat, the immigration officer has a credit card terminal and you hand your passport to the officer and insert the credit card into the terminal. Takes a few seconds.
Old May 22, 2013, 2:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
First go to the bank/visa teller before immigration, hand over 20 OR (or the equivalent in USD) - they'll give you a receipt and with that proceed to immigration. Smooth, easy, no questions asked.
Old Jun 13, 2013, 4:31 pm

As noted above, if you stop in DXB before going to MCT, there is no fee for the visa on arrival. However, when I did this last year, the immigration officer had to check with several people, as they did not seem aware of it. In the end they let us in without a fee, but they certainly seemed confused at first.
Old Nov 15, 2013, 7:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: Gold DL, Silver UA, Hyatt Platinum
Just to follow up:
The procedure is fairly straight forward. You land, get to the arrivals customs hall, go to Travelex, and there you can get the receipt for a visa on arrival (US passport and some other passports qualify).
You can get a tourist visa for 10 days for 5 Omani Riyals (about US$13) or for 30 days for 20 Omani riyals (about US$52). Make sure you specify the cheaper one if that's what you want. There's no atm in the arrivals hall before immigration. Travelex does accept dollars, euros and an assortment of other currencies. And they do accept cards, although reluctantly and at that the guy did not seem to know how to work the credit card machine.
Take the receipts and proceed to the visa line in immigration--make sure you are standing in the right line as there is three and each one is specific--residents, visas, etc.
Then the immigration guy basically stamps your passport and takes the receipt.
PM me if you want some travel tips about the country in general. It's quite beautiful.
Old Nov 16, 2013, 2:13 pm

Programs: BA Silver | AA LT Gold | EY Silver | Marriott LT Titanium
Is the fee exemption for visitors with UAE entry stamps still valid?
Old Oct 14, 2015, 7:33 am
cln

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
is there still visa on arrival available ? I can not find any information on royal omani police website...

Old Oct 14, 2015, 7:44 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Originally Posted by cln
is there still visa on arrival available ? I can not find any information on royal omani police website...

Per Timatic, it is still available, at least for people with a US passport (didn't check others). Must be paid in local currency or by credit card.

http://www.staralliance.com/en/servi...sa-and-health/

Visa required, except for Holders of normal, emergency or
temporary passports issued to nationals of USA can obtain a
visa on arrival; (SEE NOTE 51957)
- if traveling as tourist, for a max. stay of 1 month (single
entry). Extension of a further 1 month is possible. Fee:
Between OMR 5.- and OMR 20.-.
NOTE 51957: There are no currency exchange facilities
available at Salalah (SLL). Visa on arrival fee must be
paid in local currency (OMR) or by credit card.
- if traveling on business, for a max. stay of 3 weeks
(multiple entry). Fee: OMR 50.-.
- E-Visas can be applied for, prior to departure, at
https://evisa.rop.gov.om/en/voa. Printed Visa authorization
must be presented at the time of travel.
Old Oct 14, 2015, 11:43 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Visa on arrival for Americans as of about a year ago when I went there.
Old Jun 1, 2016, 5:19 am

Hi,

Does anyone know if I can get VOA at Salalah airport? I'll be transiting through Doha. Thanks.
Old Jun 1, 2016, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by PaulJohnson
Hi,

Does anyone know if I can get VOA at Salalah airport? I'll be transiting through Doha. Thanks.
http://www.omanair.com/en/travel-inf...t-visa-to-oman

Can't see why you shouldn't enter via Salalah. Note that if you enter Qatar or Dubai before getting to Oman you don't need an additional visa - if you are from a country in the List of the Blessed .
Old Jun 1, 2016, 5:33 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
http://www.omanair.com/en/travel-inf...t-visa-to-oman

Can't see why you shouldn't enter via Salalah. Note that if you enter Qatar or Dubai before getting to Oman you don't need an additional visa - if you are from a country in the List of the Blessed .
Don't know about everyone else, but if you are a US citizen entering first from Dubai, and crossing into Oman by land, you do need a visa.
Old Jun 3, 2016, 5:05 am

Originally Posted by 747FC
Don't know about everyone else, but if you are a US citizen entering first from Dubai, and crossing into Oman by land, you do need a visa.
That is because there is no way to get from Dubai airport to the UAE-Oman land border without leaving Dubai first. While the border town of Hatta is part of Dubai, you have to pass through Sharjah first to reach there from Dubai. The other land border posts between UAE and Oman are in Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Ras Al Khaimah and Fujairah emirates.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.