Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Middle East including Egypt > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Pics: taking the bus - Emirates Express Dubai - Abu Dhabi - Dubai

Old May 14, 2013, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold

I was travelling from DXB to AUH and wanted to avoid spending GBP 60 on a taxi each way. So I took the bus!

Here are my notes:

Configuration
40 seats in an all first class (! ) configuration
All seats have seat belts
There is a special area at the front for "families" (i.e. single women, groups of unrelated women, women with children, fathers with daughters, man and wife, but not men who are blood relatives!)

Onboard service!
A selection of soft drinks including water and Coke products
A selection of snacks including Pringles, Oreos and noodle cups
Price of Coke + Oreos: AED 8.50

Buying a ticket
You have to go to a ticket desk to buy your ticket. At the DXB end the ticket desk is in a kiosk in the middle of the station. At the AUH end the ticket desk is in a large building with all the other ticket desks. There is one ticket desk per destination.

Schedule
I understand that buses leave every 40 minutes or so during normal waking hours.

DXB-AUH
Departure: 10:40
Arrival: 12:30
Fare: AED 25
Seat factor: 100%
Seat: 26
Two departures simultaneously both of which were full, evidently this is peak time

AUH-DXB
Departure: 14:15
Arrival: 16:00
Fare: AED 25
Seat factor: 50%
Seat: 26

The E100 goes from AUH to DXB:

Coaches are international standard:

There is a food cart onboard, and also a fridge in front of seat 26:

Service:

View of the mosque on the way out of AUH:
Old May 14, 2013, 5:35 pm

^

Cool. Haven't seen pics of this before. I've wanted to try taking the bus, but my boss is always adamant that I go by private driver. Maybe your post can convince him, as it looks quite clean and comfortable!
Old May 14, 2013, 7:58 pm

Programs: QF QR Silver, DJ,TG,MH
Wow, thankyou, another unbelievely timed post.
I'm spending a week in the UAE (first visit) in June.
I am flying into DXB and out of AUH and have looked at the bus option to transfer between the cities. It (the bus) looks good.
In AUH, I'm staying at the Al Raha Beach Hotel - near Yas/Ferarri and airport.
Will the bus stop anywhere near this hotel or do I have to continue on into central Abu Dhabi (I think the Raha is about 30Kms out).

I'm on vacation and have chosen to spend my Dimes on flying, eating and drinking. If it isn't one of those three, I'm happy to save a few bucks where ever I can.
Old Feb 17, 2014, 7:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Can you take this bus if you are not traveling on Emirates? or is this an independent company?
Old Feb 18, 2014, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Can you take this bus if you are not traveling on Emirates? or is this an independent company?
It is a public bus service. There is no need for any other travel ticket so you can just turn up and go.
Old Feb 20, 2014, 8:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Sixth Freedom
It is a public bus service. There is no need for any other travel ticket so you can just turn up and go.
Great...so to clarify, it leaves from the AUH airport and takes me to the DXB airport...they leave every 10 minutes? My flight arrives at 10pm so I hope there are still buses running at that time. Can you pay with a credit card?
Old Feb 21, 2014, 5:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Great...so to clarify, it leaves from the AUH airport and takes me to the DXB airport...they leave every 10 minutes? My flight arrives at 10pm so I hope there are still buses running at that time. Can you pay with a credit card?
The bus I went on carries you from central AUH to central DXB.

The buses leave approximately every 40 minutes.

There may or may not be buses from the airport.

You should bank on paying cash.
Old Feb 21, 2014, 8:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Sixth Freedom
The bus I went on carries you from central AUH to central DXB.

The buses leave approximately every 40 minutes.

There may or may not be buses from the airport.

You should bank on paying cash.
Oh, gosh, that's terrible. I guess I assumed it was the airport since it says AUH to DXB. I guess I will have to take a taxi...what's the cost, any idea?
Old Feb 21, 2014, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Oh, gosh, that's terrible. I guess I assumed it was the airport since it says AUH to DXB. I guess I will have to take a taxi...what's the cost, any idea?
AED 300, give or take. Budget AED 500 just in case.
Old Feb 21, 2014, 12:50 pm

Programs: UA/AA
FlyDubai offers a bus service connecting Dubai International Airport with downtown Abu Dhabi. Buses depart from Terminal 2 at the airport four times a day, and takes you to Al Nasr Street in Abu Dhabi. It was pretty inexpensive....around $10-$15 one-way.
Old Feb 23, 2014, 12:00 pm

I just took this bus service today, from Dubai to Abu Dhabi.

The Dubai bus station is across the street from the Al Ghubaiba metro station. If you are arriving at DXB at a reasonable hour (I'd say before 9p), you can take the metro. Take the Red Line toward Jebel Ali, transferring at Khalid bin al Waleed to the Green Line toward Etislat. Get off at Al Ghubaiba and take Exit 1. Take the crosswalks just past the gas station across the street to the bus station.

There is a ticket counter on the far side of the station where you can buy your ticket. Not sure if credit cards are accepted or not, but the total cost is only 25AED (opposed to a 300AED taxi ride). It will drop you off in the middle of Abu Dhabi. You'll need a taxi from there to get to AUH, which should be under 70AED.

I do think the thread title should be edited to reflect that this bus service is NOT between airports - it's between city centers. Will put in a request for that!
Old Feb 23, 2014, 12:16 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Done! Shukran for the updated information and the "Alert a Moderator..." message.

JDiver
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by MastaHanky
I just took this bus service today, from Dubai to Abu Dhabi....

I do think the thread title should be edited to reflect that this bus service is NOT between airports - it's between city centers. Will put in a request for that!
Old Mar 13, 2014, 3:06 am

Programs: EK Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond
And could you also please say the name of the company offering this service?
I will stay 5 days in Dubai next November and plan to go to Abu Dhabi for a day trip.

Thanks
Old Mar 13, 2014, 3:08 am

Programs: EK Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond
Double post
Old Mar 14, 2014, 2:18 pm

Programs: UA/AA
Originally Posted by MarcoGT
And could you also please say the name of the company offering this service?
I will stay 5 days in Dubai next November and plan to go to Abu Dhabi for a day trip.

Thanks
It would be far better to take the bus from the Al Ghubaiba metro station. They run every 30 minutes. Much better frequency than from DXB.....and basically the same comfort and service quality as found in the photos in this thread.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.