Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Middle East including Egypt > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Passengers rights chart at ben gurion airport (israel)

Old May 6, 13, 9:30 am
Original Poster

Dear All,
my parents were traveling back from Israel yesterday on an Alitalia flight that had a huge delay because the plane was broken.
I have been told that, in this case, it is the Israeli law that has priority vs. Alitalia Passenger's rights rules.
I am trying to find the Passenger's Rights Chart of Ben Gurion Airport to check what there rights actually were. Any suggestions? Thanks

Nocciola59
Old May 6, 13, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
nocciola59, welcome to FT!

We are going to move your thread to the forum covering Israel where you are more likely to receive an answer.

Safe travels.

Old May 6, 13, 10:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Silver, Morton's VIP, Awesomeness EXPLT
Originally Posted by nocciola59 View Post
Dear All,
my parents were traveling back from Israel yesterday on an Alitalia flight that had a huge delay because the plane was broken.
I have been told that, in this case, it is the Israeli law that has priority vs. Alitalia Passenger's rights rules.
I am trying to find the Passenger's Rights Chart of Ben Gurion Airport to check what there rights actually were. Any suggestions? Thanks

Nocciola59
EU 261 also comes into play since it's an EU airline google it.
Cheers
Howie
Old May 6, 13, 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by nocciola59 View Post
Dear All,

Nocciola59
According to the Israeli law, when a delay in flight occurs, the airline must treat the passenger as follows:

* Up to 5 hours late: Covering expenses for food & drinks + 2 int'l telephone calls.
* 5 - 8 hours: same as 5 hours, but also grants the passengers the right to cancel their reservation and get a FULL refund.
* more than 8 hours: same as 5-8 hours, but the airlines must also compensate with 250-600 EURO at any case (including if the passenger decided to cancel the ticket) (the money range is because exact sum depends on exactly how many hours the delay was)
* over a day: same as "more than 8 hours" - adding that the airline must cover a stay at a hotel + transportation to/from hotel.

Search this Thread