Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Middle East including Egypt > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Dubai desert safari + dinner recommendation

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2013, 6:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy LTT; IHG DiamondAmb; WoH Globalist; UA1K2MM; NationalEE; AvisPC; HertzPC

I will be visiting Dubai next weekend (4/26-4/28). I'm planning to take a half-day safari tour (afternoon/night tour) on 4/27. I'm just wondering if anyone has any good tour operator recommendation. Are there any operators use any 4X4 other than the Landcruiser?

Also, I'd like to have a nice dinner on 4/26. I don't have any specific crusine in mind but I do like to have a nice view., e.g. the Burb Khalifa fountain (or a restaurant at a high floor at the tower). Are there any restaurant inside the tower at a higher floor (beside the at.mostphere where you are almost expected to spend at least $200pp)?
Old Apr 17, 2013, 5:07 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
If you search "desert safari", you get a number of previous posts that may help http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/middl...or-choose.html and http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/middl...ggestions.html
Old Apr 17, 2013, 12:48 pm

If you'd like a view of the fountains, it would be best to grab an outdoor seat at one of the many cafes/restaurants that ring it. I do also enjoy dining with a nice view and I like being up at At.mosphere, but if the price is off-putting, the Armani Hotel has some restaurants as well, just with a less spectacular view.

I also love the view from the Burj al Arab's Al Muntaha restaurant, but I would highly suggest a late afternoon high tea so you can catch the sunset. Lunch is okay, but the dinner view is quite boring.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.