Gay life in Cairo?

Old Mar 9, 13, 1:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Milage Plus, Starwood
Gay life in Cairo?

I am going on a milage run for a few days at the end of April. I have my days planned, but how is the gay nightlife? How safe? I am staying at the Fairmont on the Nile. Good hotel?

Thanks!
Old Mar 10, 13, 7:26 am

Programs: Qatar Plat
You must be joking...
Old Mar 10, 13, 8:10 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
OP. I share Canuck2012's sentiments ... I would suggest your question is naive in the extreme. I suggest you do a little research. One thread from the LGBT forum http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/glbt-...es-travel.html will help. With that in mind, I suggest you recalibrate your expectations.
Old Mar 10, 13, 6:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton IHG LH BA TK
Gay life is, by necessity, furtive, in the shadows. As a single male visitor from the west, you might find yourself a focus of attention. Sadly, this is likely to have a commercial interest behind it. This may not be apparent from the opening gambits, so be careful.
Old Mar 12, 13, 6:24 pm

Programs: Delta, Avios, Chase
I got messages from numerous guys in Cairo on some of my apps in Cairo. I was only on layover and thus did not meet anyone. The gay nightlife is epic in TLV, which is a short flight away...
Old Mar 13, 13, 12:11 pm

Programs: Not much these days: BA Gold, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Gold, HH Gold
Dating apps tend to be busy in some countries where homosexuality is illegal. For example, I was staggered at the number of men online in Riyadh, although I wouldn't risk my freedom or anyone else's life by carrying though with a meet.

Search this Thread