Hotel close to AUH

Old Jan 20, 13, 7:02 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci, BAEC (Silver), FlyBe
Hotel close to AUH

I'd be grateful for some advice regarding hotels that are close to Abu Dhabi International Airport.

My wife-to-be and I are arriving for the first night of our honeymoon on a flight arriving at T1 at 19:25 on a Monday, but we then have a departing flight from T3 at 08:20 (i.e.: be back at the airport for 06:20) the next morning. So, not much time to see the sights.

As an F1 fan, it might be nice to stay in the Yas Viceroy for AED 440, but given how much time it might take to get to the hotel I would rather stay somewhere closer to the airport. It might be the first night of our honeymoon, but a bed close by is probably more important than somewhere more luxurious further away.

Can anyone recommend a hotel which:
  • Is very close to AUH (preferably able to walk there, but a hotel shuttle-bus would be OK);
  • Would allow us to have a beer / glass of wine after a long day's travelling;
  • Is of a similar price-range (AED 440 / USD 120)?;

Thank you.

Last edited by dark_horse; Jan 20, 13 at 7:09 am Reason: Terminal information
Old Jan 20, 13, 12:07 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Did you try doing a search?
There's a transit hotel in AUH.
http://www.abudhabiairport.ae/englis...ort-hotel.aspx
Old Jan 20, 13, 11:29 pm

Programs: EY Platinum
The Yas Viceroy is about 15 minutes from the airport. Bit nicer than the transit hotel.
Old Jan 21, 13, 1:09 am

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Ag, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Spire, Hyatt Glob, Shangri-La
Also the Shangri-La, Trader's, and Fairmont are in a complex about 15 minutes away from the airport. The Shangri-La is a beautiful hotel and could be a nice place to spend an evening; there is also a small arcade with local restaurants and shops.
Old Jan 21, 13, 2:08 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Thank you for your comments.

Originally Posted by UAPremExecflyer View Post
Unfortunately we're arriving on British Airways and departing on Air Seychelles, so I don't think we can stay in transit - we have to formally enter Abu Dhabi.

Otherwise I saw that a Premier Inn is being constructed next to the airport but may not be ready in time (late April). I was just surprised that there don't seem to be any other connected hotels.

Originally Posted by csdf View Post
The Yas Viceroy is about 15 minutes from the airport. Bit nicer than the transit hotel.
Roughly how much do you think a taxi would cost? The Yas Viceroy don't seem to do shuttle buses.
Old Jan 21, 13, 11:43 pm

Programs: EY Platinum
A standard taxi will probably be about 20-25 dhs. Or seeing as you're on honeymoon you could step up and spring for a fixed-fare "limo" which is the same taxi queue but the cars are generally Mercs or similar. That will be around 50 dhs I guess (it's 70 dhs to the Corniche and that's a lot further away).

Congratulations on the Mucci, by the way.
Old Jan 22, 13, 3:29 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by csdf View Post
Congratulations on the Mucci, by the way.
Her reputation gets out to this forum, does it?! Yep, it was the only reason my fiancé agreed to marry me. Something about going up in the world...

Search this Thread