Old Jan 8, 2013, 9:01 pm
Original Poster

6 hour layover in DOHA

Not a frequent flyer, please tell me what can I do in DOHA? THANKS
Old Jan 9, 2013, 8:51 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Did you try doing a search?
"DOH layover" returns a number of threads, including this one http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/middl...fast-doha.html and this one http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/middl...lp-needed.html

Last edited by UAPremExecflyer; Jan 9, 2013 at 8:52 am Reason: added second link
Old Jan 9, 2013, 9:06 am

Just did this myself a few months ago. Depending on the time of day, you can go to the Museum of Islamic Art http://www.mia.org.qa/landing/index.php/en/, which is free. After that you can walk around the Souq Waqif, an upscale market area which attracts a mix of locals and foreigners. Since it is January, the weather should be pleasant for strolling around.

A cab from the airport to these areas should be in the range of 30-35 riyals on the meter. If it is significantly higher, you are getting ripped off. Happened to me.
Old Jan 9, 2013, 5:26 pm
Original Poster

Thanks trebex. DOHA airport looks boring! Oh well it's the price you pay for.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 1:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, BA Silver, Marriott Plat., Hertz Pres. Circle, Avis First
As noted above, if daytime the Islamic Art museum is nearby a great to see. Also nearby ismthenSouk, which is good during the day or in the evening. If late at night, there are a few bars you can go to (open until maybe 1am or even 2am). Try the Belgian Cafe at the Intercon if you have time to go tomtye West Bay, or the rooftop bar at La Cigale hotel if you want to stay near the airport...
Old Jan 13, 2013, 11:18 pm

The Doha Premium terminal has a very nice lounge if you have access to it. Shouldn't be a problem spending 6 hours there.
Old Jan 27, 2013, 12:23 pm

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
I'd taxi to the central market or the Islamic Museum in the middle of the day and you need some air conditioning from the heat.

Both do-able and cheap.

Avoid the downtown malls, they are nothing like the Dubai malls and are pretty unexciting.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 3:32 am

Programs: Qatar Plat
Originally Posted by HumbleBee
The Doha Premium terminal has a very nice lounge if you have access to it. Shouldn't be a problem spending 6 hours there.
I recommend the jacuzzi.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.