Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Middle East including Egypt > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Best and most reputable licensed tour agency for PETRA?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2012, 6:23 am
Original Poster

Is the Bedouina agency reputable?

http://www.bedouina.com.eg/

I sent an email to their contacts via the website above, but there are a few aspects that raise red flags for me. First of all, they do not seem to be based out of Jordan, rather offering general tours throughout the Middle East rather than specialized focus in specific parts. I'm not certain if that's common of tour guide agencies in the area. Second, there is a portion of their website dedicated to real estate and holiday rentals, which I'm not thrilled about. And lastly, the following text which I copied from their policies on the above website:

Changes
Due to extraordinary and unforseen circumstances, our tours are subject to change. Bedouina Tours reserves the right to alter and omit any part of the itinerary without notice and without allowance and refund.

I have read about a Bedwina Travel Agency, but upon Googling this, was brought to the above site (Bedouina) and wondered if it was just a regional spelling thing or language variation... There are so many fake agencies and unlicensed tour operators willing to take advantage of tourists in the area, that I'm weary to just throw my money at one without researching first.

If anyone could offer some feedback or recommendations, it would be greatly appreciated!

For the record, we wish to tour Petra privately (away from large groups) on two separate days - both an evening moonlit walking tour, as well as a more encompassing sunrise tour at dawn, including a mule ride to the top of the monastery. I would like to make reservations in advance, as I'm in the midst of finalizing our itinerary and would like to book everything for piece of mind.

I'm really uncertain of which tour agency to go with however.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer!
Old May 4, 2012, 4:04 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Originally Posted by OliverB
Is the Bedouina agency reputable?

http://www.bedouina.com.eg/

For the record, we wish to tour Petra privately (away from large groups) on two separate days - both an evening moonlit walking tour, as well as a more encompassing sunrise tour at dawn, including a mule ride to the top of the monastery. I would like to make reservations in advance, as I'm in the midst of finalizing our itinerary and would like to book everything for piece of mind.

I'm really uncertain of which tour agency to go with however.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer!
I know you want feedback re the agency, to which I could not help you. Sorry.

To tour Petra is quite a simple matter. I don't think a tour guide is necessary. Advanced reservation may be an overkill. Based on my own visit of last year. I walked up to the ticket "office", paid for the ticket and walked right in.
There are plenty of offers for a ride on a mule to many parts of the site. Negotiate your price and way you go.
I assume you have accommodation in/near Petra, since you want to be there evening and early dawn (convenience sake).

Have a good time there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.