Hotel Shalom & Relax, Tel Aviv

Old Feb 20, 12, 2:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA (EXP), Hilton (Diamond), SPG (lowly Gold)
Hotel Shalom & Relax, Tel Aviv

Anyone have any experience at the Hotel Shalom & Relax in Tel Aviv? We have a few days in Tel Aviv in April, wanted to stay at the Hilton, but it's completely oversold, no rooms at all (not even a Diamond Force).

Also, we may be landing at 5 AM. If so, is there an airport hotel we could get a room for a half-day?
Old Feb 20, 12, 10:40 am

Programs: Delta Kryptonium
Originally Posted by anabolism View Post
Anyone have any experience at the Hotel Shalom & Relax in Tel Aviv? We have a few days in Tel Aviv in April, wanted to stay at the Hilton, but it's completely oversold, no rooms at all (not even a Diamond Force).

Also, we may be landing at 5 AM. If so, is there an airport hotel we could get a room for a half-day?
My wife & I & another couple stayed there in November for two days. Great location, great breakfast, small rooms that are very clean & modern, free wifi. It's right across from a very nice park (& the Hilton) along the water that we would walk in the morning. I would highly recommend it. It's part of the Atlas chain of boutique hotels, which also includes the Harmony in Jerusalem (where we also stayed).
Old Feb 20, 12, 11:52 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles

Programs: AAdvantage | MileagePlus
Originally Posted by rubesl View Post
It's part of the Atlas chain of boutique hotels, which also includes the Harmony in Jerusalem (where we also stayed).
In response to the OP's second question, Atlas Hotels has a hotel near Ben Gurion Airport, Sadot Hotel.
Old Feb 28, 12, 6:56 am

It is a waste of time and energy to go to the Sadot Hotel. First of all, I do not think they rent rooms by the 1/2 day. Second of all it is NOT an airport hotel in the traditional sense. It is maybe 10-15 minutes from the airport and Tel Aviv ( by your hotel) is maybe 30 minutes from the airport.

You either have to pay for an extra night--or relax in the lobby. You can leave your bags with the hotel even if your room is not ready for check-in. Checking in and out of multiple hotels--a waste of time. You won't get to the hotel until 8AM or so. ( it is also better for jet lag, if you hit the ground running) Another concern would be =-you have to take a cab from Sadot to Tel Aviv. There is really no other transportation alternative.
Old Feb 28, 12, 7:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA (EXP), Hilton (Diamond), SPG (lowly Gold)
Thanks for the info.

We'd like the room to shower and change in (plus a private toilet) even if we don't nap. (Although, since we're on award tickets and have to travel LHR-MAD-TLV since BA has not had any award seats for our date for the past 9 months, I'm sure we'll be wiped out, having gone without sleep for well over 24 hours, so a nap might be worth the jet lag risk.)

I'll contact the hotel closer in and ask them if we can get a guaranteed early check-in for a reduced rate and see what they say.

Glad to hear the hotel is clean and modern and the breakfast is nice. How small are the rooms? Is there a dresser/chest of drawers/etc. to unpack into?

Is there a pool one can swim for exercise nearby? I was hoping the ocean would be suitable for swimming, but learned in another thread that it is too cold in early April.
Old Feb 29, 12, 7:16 pm

Programs: Delta Kryptonium
The rooms have a queen size bed, a desk, and a small chest of drawers and our room had a shower, but no bathtub (which was fine). The room is small, but it's not a closet. Like I said, we would stay there again.

Search this Thread