AMM transfer via RJ

Old Feb 19, 2012, 7:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA-1K, AA-Gold, H GP-LIfeTime Diamond
AMM transfer via RJ

Looking for IST-CAI-IST flight and RJ is slightly cheaper than TK's direct service. Some of RJ's flight combination on the return req'd overnight layover in AMM upto 24 hours (arriving at 23:30 and depart at 23:30 the next night). Have been reading wonderful trip reports on day trip to Petra with a brief soak in Dead Sea, thinking to do the same and book flights with 24 hours layover.

Questions:
1) Will RJ check our bags all the way to IST from CAI?
2) If not, is there a baggage storage service at AMM airport that will still be open when we land at 23:30?
3) Others have commented with force layover such as this, RJ will provide hotel voucher. Our ticket is only TRY445 per person, it seems low for getting free lodging. On a side note, children fare's fuel surchage is TRY132 higher than adults. I think I will be booking adult seats for my kids.
4) Visa for Americans, does it cost more for multiple entries?

Our plan is below.....any suggestions?

a) Upon arriving AMM, leave big suit cases at airport if needed and either check in RJ's free lodging or taxi to Hyatt.
b) Arrange a taxi for the day and take us to Petra and leave by 5:30am.
c) 3pm leave Petra and go to Dead Sea for a brief soak or as long as we can stay. Should we just pack pinic lunch and leave Petra by 2pm to give us more time at Dead Sea? If I am reading this correctly, water temp is not a problem for late March. Are we able to rent towels/whowers when we get there?
d) Back to airport by 9pm for our 23:30 flight to IST. In terms of traffic flow, will we have time to go back to Hyatt to pick up our overnight bag before airport or should we take all of our items with us in the morning?
e) Where does the taxi driver go when we play?

Thanks!
Old Apr 5, 2012, 12:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA-1K, AA-Gold, H GP-LIfeTime Diamond
As you approach immigration, there is a counter to the left for transit passengers. RJ gave us a green landing card and 4 hotel vouchers.
Cleared custom and passports were returned to us.

Waited for Golden Tulip shuttle bus and had to wait for another family! Cutting into our sleeping time!

Family of 4, were given 2 rooms. We had very low expectation for the hotel since they are free and reviews online is not very kind toward them. Other than cig smoke filled bus, it was a descent transit hotel. Probably worth US$60 per night in my book.

Free breakfast starts at 6:30 and we had to go at 6, so cant comment on their food. Hotel return the other half of the green landing card back to us, but this is not needed as we go through immigration.

In theory, we could had use the free transit visa, sleep at the hotel for a few hours then go back to airport to pick up our car for the day. Decided not to push the system (had bad luck with our PVG free transit visa) and went ahead and bought the visa for our 24 hours lay-over.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.