Kuwait Hotels

Old Jan 5, 12, 8:24 am
Original Poster

Kuwait Hotels

Hi. I am traveling to Kuwait on business and I am having trouble finding a list of luxury hotels. Does anyone know of a great - Four Seasons, Ritz, etc...---business hotel in Kuwait? Any thoughts on other things to do while I am there? Any islands I should hop over too?

First time traveler in the region and any and all thoughts would be appreciated. (i.e. safety concerns?)
Old Jan 7, 12, 12:30 am

Programs: SPG Plat, IHG Spire, HHonors Diamond, EK Gold
None of the typical 'luxury' brands in Kuwait, no R-C / FS etc. From a high-end perspective the JW Marriott or the Sheraton, which is a Starwood Luxury Collection property, are probably the best properties. The new Missoni property might also fit the bill but haven't had the chance to try it. The Crowne Plaza, whilst not luxury, is also a significant improvement on most US CPs, and a good business hotel.
Old Jan 8, 12, 4:38 am

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Ag, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Spire, Hyatt Glob, Shangri-La
I have stayed at the Sheraton/Luxury Collection property and it's OK. Besides possiblythe Missoni (at which I also haven't stayed), there aren't any real luxury properties there.

Kuwait is perfectly safe, though not the most interesting place in the region. If you have time to visit Dubai or Oman, they are both worth a visit for different reasons; there are many reports on this forum.

Search this Thread