Wiki Posts
Search

AMM layover

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2011, 6:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC (Silver)
AMM layover

I am flying with RJ via Amman this Friday and having a 5 h 20 layover (19:45 to 01:05). And on my way back, I will have another layover of 5 h 30 (05:15 to 10:45).

Is it possible and worthwhile to go out of the airport and take a glance at the city?

I found information on RJ offering tours, but it seems those are full-day tours.
Old Dec 28, 2011, 1:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
It's been a while since I was last there, but I seem to recall it is a long and expensive ride into the city. I might have a layover there too next month so would be interested in any up to date info.

If you do get to the city, then sure there is lots to do and see.
Old Dec 29, 2011, 2:19 pm

Madaba is closer to AMM and might be a better option for a layover if you're interested in mosaics and archaeology.
Old Jan 13, 2012, 2:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC (Silver)
Thank you for your replies!

I chose not to go out because the weather was rather cool both times. Perhaps next time I'll undertake a real trip to Jordan and Syria.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.