Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Middle East including Egypt > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Cross into Israel at Allenby with non-passport visa / permit?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2011, 10:29 pm
Original Poster

I am new here so sorry if an old question.

I work in Suadi and can have no Israel stamps in my passport or will be denied entry.
If I transit Tel Aviv can they do the throw away paper (visa/chop/stamp thingy)for sure like on Allenby crossing from Jordan
If there is any chance of an entry stamp I cannot return to work.
All advice esp from those who done this and re-entered KSA welcome
Thank you in anticipation

Last edited by JDiver; Sep 4, 2011 at 10:08 am Reason: deleted post reply not germane to question
Old Sep 4, 2011, 2:59 am

Programs: LY-PL, A3-*G
Originally Posted by rubbajohnny
If I transit Tel Aviv can they do the throw away paper (visa/chop/stamp thingy)for sure like on Allenby crossing from Jordan
Several posts state that it is a possible to get the stamp on a piece of paper and not in the passport.

Why are you transiting through TLV?
I would do anything to avoid this transit (it would probably be worse than LHR or FRA...)
Old Sep 4, 2011, 10:13 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Welcome to FlyerTalk!

We've moved your query to the Middle East Forum, much more likely to get some attention and instructive replies than the El Al Matmid Forum.

I also recommend using Advanced Search: from the main Forum page, right on menu: click on Search This Forum, select show threads and click on Advanced Search, search for keyword Israel and search by thread titles only directly below, showing threads only at the bottom. Some threads here discuss various issues regarding visas and entry permits into Israel.

JDiver, Senior Moderator
Old Sep 4, 2011, 11:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by rubbajohnny
I am new here so sorry if an old question.

I work in Suadi and can have no Israel stamps in my passport or will be denied entry.
If there is any chance of an entry stamp I cannot return to work.
All advice esp from those who done this and re-entered KSA welcome
Thank you in anticipation
You can get a piece of paper stamped, but there are reports that now, they simply won't stamp the passport upon request. Why are you transiting TLV though?
Old Sep 7, 2011, 9:46 am

Programs: AA EXP & 3MM, Priority Club Plat since 1984
I can confirm first person that border crossings are advised to not stamp a passport upon request. The notice reads that this is in consideration of some travelers' "other destinations".

This was as of August 25 that I can confirm this.
Old Sep 7, 2011, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Are you transiting TLV or entering via Allenby? Those are 2 (very) different points of entry!
Old Sep 15, 2011, 12:27 am

Programs: AA EXP & 3MM, Priority Club Plat since 1984
Originally Posted by Thumper
I can confirm first person that border crossings are advised to not stamp a passport upon request. The notice reads that this is in consideration of some travelers' "other destinations".

This was as of August 25 that I can confirm this.
The information I have stated above pertains to the Allenby Bridge, where I saw it done within the past 3 weeks.
Old Sep 16, 2011, 4:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
The Jordanians will stamp your passport and any immigration officer in the region will know you transited through Israel. Where else could someone entering or leaving Jordan at that border crossing be going to?
Old Sep 18, 2011, 5:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by YVR Cockroach
The Jordanians will stamp your passport and any immigration officer in the region will know you transited through Israel. Where else could someone entering or leaving Jordan at that border crossing be going to?
OP stated "like on Allenby crossing from Jordan." That means Israeli immigration officers, not Jordanian ones. And Israelis will not stamp passport upon request.
Old Sep 18, 2011, 1:21 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by joshwex90
OP stated "like on Allenby crossing from Jordan." That means Israeli immigration officers, not Jordanian ones. And Israelis will not stamp passport upon request.
That's correct. However, the OP is concerned about being readmitted into Saudi Arabia where (presumably) he works. He needs to be cautioned that his passport will contain evidence that he crossed into Israel regardless of whether there is an Israeli entry stamp.
Old Sep 18, 2011, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TWA884
That's correct. However, the OP is concerned about being readmitted into Saudi Arabia where (presumably) he works. He needs to be cautioned that his passport will contain evidence that he crossed into Israel regardless of whether there is an Israeli entry stamp.
Not if he's not crossing into Jordan. He's crossing into Israel from Jordan. Jordan won't stamp on exit. Israel won't stamp on entry. Where's the evidence he was in Israel?
Old Sep 18, 2011, 5:56 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by joshwex90
Jordan won't stamp on exit.
How sure are you about that point?
Old Sep 18, 2011, 7:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Just getting the OP to roll the dices and takes his chances...
Old Sep 19, 2011, 5:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm very sure about that. HOWEVER, what I forgot to take into account was that ordinarily, Jordan does stamp on exit. Which means, when you show up to Saudi Arabia with a Jordan entry stamp but no exit stamp, they'll be suspicious that you visited Israel.

(Practical thought: upon entry to Saudi Arabia, do they really scan the passport that intensely, to see entry but no exit from Jordan?)
Old Sep 22, 2011, 3:26 am

Programs: BAEC gold, Marriott gold, Hilton gold
Jordanians will stamp a piece of paper on request when entering Israel across Allenby Bridge and when returning. So there is no evidence of visiting Israel from Jordan.

If the plan is to fly into Israel, cross the Allenby Bridge and then fly out of Jordan, I am not sure how that can work.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.