Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Middle East including Egypt > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Israel Car rental and route 6 toll road

Old Oct 21, 2010, 2:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Gold

Are there any Israeli car rental agencies that let you drive on the Route 6 Toll highway without adding on exorbitant charges per segment?
Old Oct 21, 2010, 5:26 pm

Programs: *A Gold, BA Silver, Avis President, Hertz President circle
Originally Posted by nombody
Are there any Israeli car rental agencies that let you drive on the Route 6 Toll highway without adding on exorbitant charges per segment?
Most companies charge a small amount as a service fee.
Old Oct 24, 2010, 6:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by ELAL
Most companies charge a small amount as a service fee.
Does Eldan?
Old Oct 25, 2010, 2:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
I think they all do.
Old Oct 25, 2010, 7:43 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, DL MM
We rented this summer from either Avis or Budget and had a relatively large one time charge for using 6 and then got charged actual costs each time we used the road. As we did a lot of driving up and down 6 it seemed to work out. I can't recall the up front amount.
Old Oct 26, 2010, 7:00 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by nombody
I dont of any company that zaps you for Exorbitant charges per segment, if anything all they pass on is whatever the reg fee is

However what they all do is charge you a per month fee that is usually $15, so if you use H6 for just 1 time for a small distance yes it will be high , but if you use it constantly it wont be too bad.

Keep in mind as Ive posted before that the Fee is a per month Ding, so use H6 on say 11/30 and return back using it on 12/1 you will be charged twice the $15 fee since you would have used H6 during 2 months.Its not a 30 day usage but a per month usage. I take it that the companys get a monthly usage bill and not a 30 day usage bill.

Yes that doe smean if they rented that car for 30 1 day rentals and everyone used H6 that they would collect that $15 from 30 people. No reasonable way I can think of to divide the fee by the # of people who actually used it during any 1 month, so everuyone who uses it gets Dinged for the $15 fee

this said although I can get over to TLV 3-5 times a yr Ive yet to be charged the H6 Fee, secret dont use it and you wont have to pay for it and complain about having to pay the Fee they charge you above the usage fares
Old Oct 26, 2010, 10:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by craz
I dont of any company that zaps you for Exorbitant charges per segment, if anything all they pass on is whatever the reg fee is

However what they all do is charge you a per month fee that is usually $15, so if you use H6 for just 1 time for a small distance yes it will be high , but if you use it constantly it wont be too bad.

Keep in mind as Ive posted before that the Fee is a per month Ding, so use H6 on say 11/30 and return back using it on 12/1 you will be charged twice the $15 fee since you would have used H6 during 2 months.Its not a 30 day usage but a per month usage. I take it that the companys get a monthly usage bill and not a 30 day usage bill.

Yes that doe smean if they rented that car for 30 1 day rentals and everyone used H6 that they would collect that $15 from 30 people. No reasonable way I can think of to divide the fee by the # of people who actually used it during any 1 month, so everuyone who uses it gets Dinged for the $15 fee

this said although I can get over to TLV 3-5 times a yr Ive yet to be charged the H6 Fee, secret dont use it and you wont have to pay for it and complain about having to pay the Fee they charge you above the usage fares
Eldan charges (in addition to the actual toll which they obviously pass along to you,) NIS 13/day. Use it once, roundtrip, or 100 times in the day, it'll still be NIS 13. Whether a day is a 24 hour span or 12-12, I'm not sure.
Old Mar 29, 2011, 2:38 am

I know that the local Sixt Rent a car branch had an offer that included the road 6 tolls for a week, but I'm not sure if it's still valid, you might want to contact them as well to find out, if it's still relevant.
Old Apr 3, 2011, 3:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP & 3MM, Priority Club Plat since 1984
There is a great thread in here about rental cars and Route 6 charges. The way they are broken by the calendar month (June 28 to July 3 you pay for 2 months, but July 1 to July 29 you pay for 1 month, the standard engagement fee, the actual use fee and then the bill which can arrive 5 to 8 months later.

All things being equal, the road is worth the cost.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.