Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Middle East including Egypt > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Visa on Australian Passport for Egypt

Old Aug 7, 2010, 11:38 pm
Original Poster

I am wondering what would be the easiest method of getting a visa on an Australian Passport for traveling to Egypt.Should I apply through my nearest Egyptian Consulate in Australia before going there or do the visa on arrival.Any help would be most welcome.I am planning on going sometime in 2011 by the way
Old Aug 8, 2010, 7:26 pm

Location: Home of the 2001 & 2004 Rugby Super 12 Champions - the Brumbies (Canberra, ACT) and Australia's best ski resort (Thredbo, NSW)
Programs: QF SG (LT PS, 54% LT SG), Priority Club Gold
The Smart Traveller website has information about travel to Egypt. From the information on the DFAT website that is linked to that page, you will need to contact the Egyptian Embassy in Canberra to arrange your visa. The Embassy's telephone number is (02) 6273 4437.
Old Aug 9, 2010, 8:01 am

Programs: QF Platinum, ICH RA, HH Silver, Hyatt GP
I was just there a few months ago. Like most nationalities, Australians can get a visa on arrival which is cheaper than getting it from Canberra.
Old Aug 9, 2010, 7:57 pm

Location: Home of the 2001 & 2004 Rugby Super 12 Champions - the Brumbies (Canberra, ACT) and Australia's best ski resort (Thredbo, NSW)
Programs: QF SG (LT PS, 54% LT SG), Priority Club Gold
Originally Posted by jcjchung
I was just there a few months ago. Like most nationalities, Australians can get a visa on arrival which is cheaper than getting it from Canberra.
That's not necessarily the case for all African countries. I've just got a visa from the Kenya High Commission in Canberra and the cost was in Australian dollars, whereas if I had waited until arrival in Nairobi I would have to pay in Kenyan shillings or US dollars and incurred the currency exchange costs. I recognise that I also have the advantage of being able to make a 10 minute drive to the Kenya High Commission to drop off my passport, as opposed to arranging a courier that people living in other parts of the country have to do.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.