Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Middle East including Egypt > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Any problems transiting in Abu Dhabi after visiting Israel

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any problems transiting in Abu Dhabi after visiting Israel

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2010, 8:36 am
Original Poster

Thumbs down Any problems transiting in Abu Dhabi after visiting Israel

I found a cheap (and relatively direct!) way to get to Dahab for some diving, as well as say hello to a good friend and ex-colleague who now lives in Israel.

My wife and I will fly from Japan to Amman with Etihad, transiting in Abu Dabhi. From Amman as a base we will use Royal Jordanian Airlines to visit Sharm El Sheik and Tel Aviv.

Will visiting Israel have any sort of impact with us either boarding Etihad in Amman to come home, or transiting in Abu Dhabi? (I.e this might mean we don't do a land border crossing to or from Israel, as I have heard that even with no Israel stamps in your passport, you will still get the Jordan or Egypt border crossing stamps that will show you obviously crossed from or to Israel.)

Do we need to worry? Is a Terminal 1 to Terminal 3 transfer in Abu Dhabi going to involve crossing through any immigration or security checks of our passports? (We are not going to Syria or Palestine, and we know the deal for those countries concerning Israel. Just wondering what the deal is with UEA and their airlines). To be safe, we should just ensure there is no sign of Israel in our passports, but if we don't have to worry, we can concentrate more on enjoying some overland trips.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.