Wiki Posts
Search

Help with flights to IL

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2010, 10:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 2MM, DL MM
Help with flights to IL

For the first time in years I can't seem to redeem FF miles (UA this time around) to get tickets to IL this summer, even being really flexible with dates (mid July to mid August). There's availability going to TLV from ORD but coming back is totally blanked out (CO, US, LH/UA combo, etc). The same is true for Athens and Istanbul, 2 locations the kids have not been to before.

Any suggestions for a UA / * Alliance stop over in Europe that has a non-stop to TLV at a decent price (i.e. FF miles to Europe, paid ticket from there to TLV and back)?
Old May 17, 2010, 6:19 am

Try OS, LX, Spanair and all other *A airlines that fly to TLV. Also you might also want to try and search for a stopover in Europe.
Old May 25, 2010, 6:34 am

Programs: AA EXP & 3MM, Priority Club Plat since 1984
As mentioned - be creative.

Though you don't mention it, I'll assume you are flying from the US. THe Boston, NY area has the best, through Toronto always seems to be a great fall back plan as well. I have gone through Zurich, Istanbul, Madrid, Barcelona. Paris, London and even Amman.
Old May 25, 2010, 9:43 am

Programs: US Silver, CO, DL
Any suggestions for a UA / * Alliance stop over in Europe that has a non-stop to TLV at a decent price (i.e. FF miles to Europe, paid ticket from there to TLV and back)?

I'd suggest OS through VIE. I flew IAD-VIE-TLV last November (they fly from ORD as well) and stopped over in VIE for 4 days on the return. VIE is a great city with lots to see and their airport is quite easy to get around. Flight from there to TLV is an easy 3 1/2 hrs. The food and service on OS was fine as well.

Coming from ORD, another option could be LO via WAW.
Old May 29, 2010, 10:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 2MM, DL MM
Thanks for all the responses - still trying to get award inventory out of UA and their partners via all East Coast gateways and of course Chicago. I can get 2 seats to TLV (ORD-EWR-TLV last leg on CO) with some flexibility but absolutely not even one ticket back from TLV to ORD for a period of about 6 weeks, (starting early July all the way thru mid August) not even with GS inventory.

It looks like I will need to book award tickets to Europe someplace and then buy tickets from their to TLV and back. Vienna is a good option and we're also looking at London as the boys have not been to either location.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.