Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Middle East including Egypt > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Questions on getting a Saudi Arabia business visa

Old Apr 5, 10, 8:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM 1MM, MR LT Titanium

Hi! I've just been assigned a work trip to Riyadh, and have a couple of questions on actually getting the business visa...

1. I've got the form from the Saudi Arabian company proving they want me to come. Do I just show up at the consulate in NYC with that form and the other documents listed here, or do I need an appointment?

2. How certain is it that the visa will be ready the next day?

3. If I mail it, how long is the turn around time?

Thanks!
Old Apr 7, 10, 12:03 pm

i dont know your citizenship and relevant KSA embassy but normally the process is as follows:
1. the inviting company goes to the the local chamber of commerce and files the invitation
2. this invitation will be signed by the chamber of commerce
3. it will be sent to some ministry and you'll get a "number"
4. they send you a copy of this invitation to you
5. you have to send to your KSA embassy the following documents:
5.1. the copy of this invitation including this reference number
5.2. a statement from your! local chamber of commerce about the existence of your company
5.3. your passport and money
6. depending on your KSA embassy, the application has to be filed online and in Arabic

recommendation - dont deal with the embassy by yourself but use a good and experienced agent, this will make things easier...
Old Apr 9, 10, 5:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold, GF Gold, SPG Plat, LCAH Plat
I've not used the NYC consulate myself but I have managed visa applications for people picking up visas there.

Originally Posted by LoganFlyer View Post
1. I've got the form from the Saudi Arabian company proving they want me to come. Do I just show up at the consulate in NYC with that form and the other documents listed here, or do I need an appointment?
You can probably go yourself, though as CubaLibre says, it can be a good investment to get someone else to do it for you.

2. How certain is it that the visa will be ready the next day?
There's no certainty, however if they say they'll do it next day when you hand over the documents, they probably will. It helps, at least in Dubai, to show a flight ticket (not just reservation) to the Kingdom departing between 24 and 48 hours from when you hand the documents over.

3. If I mail it, how long is the turn around time?
My colleagues in the US expect a week, and are often pleasantly surprised.
Old Apr 12, 10, 7:23 am

Here's the process I just went through for a business visa to KSA, six months, multiple entries. The inviting company was Saudi Aramco.

1. Secure the invitation letter from Saudi Aramco.
2. Fill out the form for the KSA visa and submit with two passport photos. Cost is $108.00.
3. Do the new online registration to get a registration number and upload a scan of a passport photo that matches the photos you supplied on item 2. Cost is $10.50. Submit the number of the online registration along with the form in item 2.
4. Financial responsibility letter. This should be from your employer stating that they are financially responsible for you while in KSA. In my case, I am self-employed so I write the letter myself and attach my company's registration with the State of Texas and a copy of my P.E. license.
5. Your passport needs to have two blank pages facing each other, and at least six months until the expiry.
6. The travel itinerary from the airline.

The visa takes about five days here in the Houston consulate. Yes, you can mail it, but it is probably better to use a visa handling service so that a familiar face to the KSA consulate/embassy is the one doing the walk thru.
Old Apr 25, 10, 5:48 am

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by Martinis at 8 View Post
Here's the process I just went through for a business visa to KSA, six months, multiple entries. The inviting company was Saudi Aramco.

1. Secure the invitation letter from Saudi Aramco.
2. Fill out the form for the KSA visa and submit with two passport photos. Cost is $108.00.
3. Do the new online registration to get a registration number and upload a scan of a passport photo that matches the photos you supplied on item 2. Cost is $10.50. Submit the number of the online registration along with the form in item 2.
4. Financial responsibility letter. This should be from your employer stating that they are financially responsible for you while in KSA. In my case, I am self-employed so I write the letter myself and attach my company's registration with the State of Texas and a copy of my P.E. license.
5. Your passport needs to have two blank pages facing each other, and at least six months until the expiry.
6. The travel itinerary from the airline.

The visa takes about five days here in the Houston consulate. Yes, you can mail it, but it is probably better to use a visa handling service so that a familiar face to the KSA consulate/embassy is the one doing the walk thru.
Cool you will be working with us at Aramco. ^

Do not mail it in would be my advice. Anything KSA takes longer than you want and there often times is no rationale for what happens. Be flexible and if you hit any glitches contact your employer. In Aramco's case they departments of people assigned to help relocate but your company may not.
Old Jan 16, 14, 7:15 pm

It's been two years since I've gotten a Saudi visa, and I did it through the consulate in Los Angeles. Drove there myself, dropped it off, and picked it up 2-3 days later. There were never any problems. I'll be getting a new one next week if an invitation letter comes through.
Old Jan 17, 14, 7:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM; former GS
I have a five year multiple entry. My employer is located in Chicago and used a service (maybe Travisa who handles our India visas) and our invitation letter was from the KSA Ministry of Health. It took about a week, although we were not pushing for a fast turnaround.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: