Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Middle East including Egypt > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Dubai Tour Operators - can you recommend any?

Old Jan 21, 2010, 3:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA

I will be visiting Dubai in two weeks. I will have 3 days in Dubai, and I am interested in doing the following: (1) a Dubai city tour, (2) a safari and (3) a day trip to Abu Dhabi. I am also open to other excursions. I have found countless tour operators on the internet, and it is hard to distinguish which ones are more reputable.

Which tour operators have you found reliable and can recommend?

I would like to have my 3 days all planned before I arrive. Yes, I am that kind of traveller! THANKS.
Old Jan 22, 2010, 2:55 am

City tour you may want to take a look at the big bus company

http://www.bigbustours.com/eng/dubai/default.aspx

Safari most people use Arabian Adventures, they also do City tours and Abu Dhabi trips.

http://www.arabian-adventures.com/To...sp?nav=2&sub=1
Old Jan 22, 2010, 6:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA
Thanks very much for the info and links.
Old Jan 23, 2010, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
I used Arabian Adventures for an east-coast tour, and they were very decent.

The big bus is quite expensive, and it only runs for about 6 hours, so you are really limited to about 3-4 hop-offs. But it also comes with a one hour boat cruise on the creek in the afternoon, which is quite nice.
Old Jan 23, 2010, 11:15 am

Programs: DL,EK
Originally Posted by BobbyV
I will be visiting Dubai in two weeks. I will have 3 days in Dubai, and I am interested in doing the following: (1) a Dubai city tour, (2) a safari and (3) a day trip to Abu Dhabi. I am also open to other excursions. I have found countless tour operators on the internet, and it is hard to distinguish which ones are more reputable.

Which tour operators have you found reliable and can recommend?

I would like to have my 3 days all planned before I arrive. Yes, I am that kind of traveller! THANKS.
You should also do a dinner cruise on the Creek. Use the Mansour Dhow operated by the Raddison hotel. I have done it about 3 times with visiting friends and it has always been very good.
Old Feb 1, 2010, 5:01 am

Programs: UA Silver, BA Silver, Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold
the big bus tour seems to hit all of the shopping malls, which i find fashionably boring. but then again, what's to do here in dubai but shop?

i've used the arabian adventures for their desert safaris and while it was great fun, they tend to be on the pricier side. try net tours- their safaris are just as good. also, i found that if you call them, you can haggle the price. i got a 60% discount last time... of course they didnt want to give it, but if you persist they'll eventually cave in.

and some advice on the safari, don't sit in the back seat. i'm talking about the very back. you'll get thrown around and likely to get motion sickness.

good luck and have fun. you'll be here for DSF so prepare to shop!
Old Feb 2, 2010, 12:18 am

Programs: UA 1P
Originally Posted by dearbee
and some advice on the safari, don't sit in the back seat. i'm talking about the very back. you'll get thrown around and likely to get motion sickness.
YEEHAW, I'm headed to the back of the bus then. What a ride. I'm making my first trip to Dubai in March.
Old Feb 2, 2010, 9:06 pm

Programs: BA, AA, BMI, Marriott
I can highly reccmomend Orient Tours:
http://www.orienttours.ae/

They are Dubai based but offer tours around the peninsular. I booked a day trip to Nizwa in Oman. We had a fantastic private MPV and driver, the guides were all real local people and very knowledgeable and friendly.

Also I booked everything with them via email, which was really convenient.
Old Jun 25, 2015, 9:37 am

I am looking for a private tour guide to pick me up in AUH and take us to Dubai. can someone recommend? Looking to pack in as much as possible into a 9 hour layover!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.