Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Mid-Atlantic
Reload this Page >

Where to view fireworks with the kids and hotel area recommendations?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Where to view fireworks with the kids and hotel area recommendations?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2009, 7:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Gold , National Emerald Exec, Hertz Presidents, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by tom911
I was planning on going back to the Jefferson Memorial, where I went two years ago, but instead I followed the crowds over to the park between the Marine Corps Memorial and the Netherlands Carillon/Arlington Cemetery. Plenty of lawn space (and kids) and a pretty orderly crowd walking out. All of a 10 min walk for me from the Hyatt Arlington.
I believe this to be a better option than the Embassy Row.

My reason to go to Embassy Row was to see the sites during the day. Mistake! Every band member and support parent from every high school that marched in the 4th of July parade was touring the museums. 10 minute wait to get into natural history. Any sight seeing is better left for another day.

Arlington is the answer for those than are large crowd adverse.
Old Jun 16, 2010, 12:33 pm

Programs: UA 1P / *A Gold, SPG Gold
DoubleTree Crystal City - Used points last year with a phenomenal view of the fireworks
Old Dec 21, 2010, 3:24 pm

Programs: UA GS, Avis CHM, Marriott & SPG & PC Plat., Hyatt & Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by terps37
DoubleTree Crystal City - Used points last year with a phenomenal view of the fireworks
Is this "phenomenal" view from a roof top outside location, or from a room?
Old Dec 23, 2010, 6:18 am

Hello -- I work at the Doubletree Hotel Washington DC - Crystal City. The Skydome will be open for both a New Years Eve Party as well as the July 4th Party. The view is unbeatable. Come on over & check it out to see for yourself. You will be hard pressed to find a better view of the DC skyline than from the Skydome or one of our guest rooms with a view.
Old Dec 23, 2010, 9:20 am

Programs: UA GS, Avis CHM, Marriott & SPG & PC Plat., Hyatt & Hilton Diamond
kevinfeldman, welcome to FlyerTalk. What a great first post with very good information. Please hang around and also visit our http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hhonors-417/ forum.

I'll check out the SkyDome after the renovations that (according to the home page) will be done by March. I don't think I'll be able to do it before New Year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.