Looking for Recommendations on Hotels Near EWR

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2008, 6:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MileagePlus Premier Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, IHG Ambassador

The last time I had an overnight in EWR, I stayed at the EWR Airport Hilton about 7 years ago. Although paying for parking was irritating, it was a fairly nice property back then, though not in the best neighborhood. I also stayed at an Embassy Suites in Secaucus, which was also pretty good, but I'd prefer a location closer to the airport.
Old Dec 20, 2008, 6:55 pm

Programs: US Plat, DL Gold, WN when needed, PC Plat, SPG Gold, National Exec
I just stayed at the HI at EWR, which is on the north side. It is not the nicest HI in the world, but it is also not the worst. The have a bar on the first floor that is really good and lively. I also stayed there back in September. They are not undergoing renovation right now, but I just paid $59/night. I really didn't notice any airplane noise at this property. Parking is $15 for overnight. There is a Sheraton next door that I have been told is rather nice.
Old Dec 21, 2008, 6:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Most convenient, of course, is the Marriott, right on the airport property.

13 miles away is the Hilton at Short Hills, a very nice property (with god dining) across from the Mall at Short Hills:

http://www.hiltonshorthills.com
Old Dec 21, 2008, 2:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The Marriott is fine but the rooms are really tiny and the Hilton hasnt changed much in the past 10 years. I doubt if any hotel near there gives free parking. For any EWR hotel you first gotta take the airtrain and then a hotel shuttle so nearer/further distance doesnt vary the overall time very much. I usually stay at the Hilton as it runs frequent shuttles and I get the HH Diamond upgrade goodies. The Hampton Inn seems to have the worlds record for sheer number of chinese/pizza menus jammed under your door each night and the place is really noisy.

MisterNice

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.