Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Mid-Atlantic
Reload this Page >

Car Service Recommendation Needed Silver Spring/Bethesda-DCA-Maryland

Old Nov 16, 08, 6:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors, Hyatt GP, Marriott, Varying Levels w/ UA /LH /DL /SQ /TG /AA /QF

Can anyone recommend a decent limo/car/sedan service to take me from Bethesda/Silver Spring in MD to National/DCA, and v.v.? I've used ABC before, but we're parting ways.

I don't need IAD car info., but DCA/National, ideally in the $50-$60 each way range (before tip). Thanks.

Will
Old Nov 16, 08, 7:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K, CO Platinum, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5 *
Call Ayman @ 703-732-9728. I found him a few weeks ago at IAD. Nice guy. Just started his service about a month ago and has a nice, new car. I'm sure he'll drive you for $50 - 60 to DCA. I plan on using him exclusively going forward when I need car service.
Old Nov 17, 08, 2:41 pm

I've used Sunny's for trips to BWI and IAD. They are very punctual and easy to schedule:

http://www.limodc.com/

I live in VA, so don't know prices to National, but my last time using him from Dulles it was the same price as a taxi. YMMV
Old Dec 12, 09, 12:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors, Hyatt GP, Marriott, Varying Levels w/ UA /LH /DL /SQ /TG /AA /QF
Thumbs up

I forgot I made this enquiry - sorry I didn't follow up earlier.

MayorMcKnife and haveric, thank you for your suggestions.

I tried Sunny's and liked them, so I didn't try Ayman. I've been using Sunny's for a year, now, and in the last couple of months have used them almost weekly, and I can recommend them hands-down as a reliable form of transport. They're always early (one of the reasons I wanted a car service was that taxi services were too touch-and-go on picking me up from home), the cars are always clean, they have bottled water and the day's newspapers in the back seat, and friendly drivers. So if anyone else is looking for a reliable transport service in DC, definitely consider Sunny's. ^^^^^

Will
Old Dec 24, 09, 7:31 am

Programs: Random acts of kindness and senseless beauty
Based on posts here I called Sunny's at midnight last night to meet my son, DIL, and grandson at DCA at 1:30 AM after their flight to IAD was cancelled and the new flight was repeatedly delayed. The driver met them at baggage claim with a sign without a hitch. Flyertalk to the rescue again!
Old Jan 1, 10, 10:40 am
Original Poster

last2board, glad you had a good experience with Sunny's.

Without getting into gory detail, last month I had the opportunity to try Ayman, and I was quite disappointed with his lack of professionalism (along with his lack of promptness), and I'll never use him again. I've also directed those on my work team not to use him or his company, because getting to the airport to make our flights matters to us. I continue to stick with Sunny's.
Old Jan 8, 10, 7:41 pm

Marshall's Sedan & Limo

I work for a "high-maintenance" employer and whenever any of our senior executives are in town, I only use Dave Marshall. In 10+ years, I've never had a single problem and he's a knowledgeable tour guide if your interested in any of the sites in or around DC.

703-578-6993
Old Dec 8, 17, 10:34 am
Senior Moderator/Moderator: Coronavirus, United MileagePlus

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
Thread closed due not only to its age, but more importantly, to the unreliability of the specific contact information discussed in the thread. Ocn Vw 1K, Senior Moderator.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: