Wiki Posts
Search

Best Hotel Near USPTO (Alexandria, VA)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2006, 4:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT / 2MM
Best Hotel Near USPTO (Alexandria, VA)

Money doesn't matter. I want something relatively conveniently located near the USPTO. Thanks!
Old Mar 10, 2006, 6:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
For a conference that took place last month, the USPTO listed the following hotels on its own website:

http://www.uspto.gov/web/patents/opensource2006.htm

As a test, I plugged in the ES address into Mapquest, and got this:

http://www.mapquest.com/directions/m...810&panelbtn=2
Old Mar 11, 2006, 7:50 pm

Programs: US Plat, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, Amex Plat
There are three Hilton chains with in walking to the PTO. Alexandria Hilton, and Embassy Suites and a Hampton Inn. The Hilton and ES are very nice.

Just an FYI if traveling to the PTO over the next few months that that the Zacarias Moissaoui penatly phase trial is going on at the Cournt House right across from the PTO and parking is very limited.
Old Mar 11, 2006, 8:01 pm

The Embassy Suites is a shade closer to the PTO; both the Hilton and ES are very close to the King Street Metro.
Old Mar 11, 2006, 8:18 pm

Programs: CO Platinum HHonors Diamond Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by RMINIONE
There are three Hilton chains with in walking to the PTO. Alexandria Hilton, and Embassy Suites and a Hampton Inn. The Hilton and ES are very nice.

Just an FYI if traveling to the PTO over the next few months that that the Zacarias Moissaoui penatly phase trial is going on at the Cournt House right across from the PTO and parking is very limited.
You can usually get daily parking no problem in the garage below 2031 Jamieson Ave (Carlyle Place) for I think $9 a day even during the trial. The main PTO Garages are filling up a lot though.

The Embassy Suites is right next to the BearingPoint offices and practically across the street from PTO. The Hilton is next to the metro and a 3 minute walk to PTO tops.

peace,
~Ben~
Old Mar 14, 2006, 7:53 am

King Street is definitely the metro stop to stay by in the area. Old Town Alexandria is lovely and not too long a walk away.
Old May 7, 2006, 7:27 pm

Originally Posted by $1500forGLD
Money doesn't matter. I want something relatively conveniently located near the USPTO. Thanks!
If money's no object, stay at the Ritz-Carlton in Pentagon City. It's a 15 minute walk or 1 stop on the metro.
Old May 7, 2006, 7:35 pm

Originally Posted by thor17
If money's no object, stay at the Ritz-Carlton in Pentagon City. It's a 15 minute walk or 1 stop on the metro.
The PTO is no longer in Crystal City...they moved to a massive new building at the edge of old town Alexandria (4 stops away from Pentagon City on the Blue or Yellow lines, and definitely more than a 15-minute walk)
Old May 7, 2006, 7:39 pm

Originally Posted by ButIsItArt
The PTO is no longer in Crystal City...they moved to a massive new building at the edge of old town Alexandria (4 stops away from Pentagon City on the Blue or Yellow lines, and definitely more than a 15-minute walk)
Oh yeah, forgot they moved. Sorry
Old May 8, 2006, 9:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I would think that to be the Morrison House. Small botique hotel.

http://www.morrisonhouse.com/reservations.html

I have never stayed there, but they have an excellent restaurant that I have been to on several occasions.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.