Wiki Posts
Search

Scooter/Moped share in DC?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2022, 2:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA MM, SQ KrisFlyer, SPG/Marriott Titanium
Scooter/Moped share in DC?

Did a google search for scooter/moped share in DC. Much of the hits were from 2019.

Are there scooter/moped share companies operating in DC like Revel, Lime and the like?
Old Sep 28, 2022, 9:41 am

Programs: enjoyed being warm spit for a few years on CO/UA but now nothing :(
Originally Posted by abraxis
Did a google search for scooter/moped share in DC. Much of the hits were from 2019.

Are there scooter/moped share companies operating in DC like Revel, Lime and the like?
Yes, there are several. Maybe try another search using "Scooter Rental DC"
Old Sep 28, 2022, 10:24 am
Original Poster

I did. I found scooter share from Revel, articles and links again from 2019. Nothing more recent, and according to the DC government, they are not on the approved list of share programs, but Revel's site says that they are...so if anyone is actually in DC and can comment here...
Old Sep 28, 2022, 10:31 am

Programs: Marriott (Silver/Gold), IHG, Carlson, Best Western, Choice( Gold), AS (MVP), WN, UA
Originally Posted by abraxis
I did. I found scooter share from Revel, articles and links again from 2019. Nothing more recent, and according to the DC government, they are not on the approved list of share programs, but Revel's site says that they are...so if anyone is actually in DC and can comment here...
I live 1 mile south from DCA

Scooters can be found all over. A few just outside my apt building.

https://www.pocket-lint.com/apps/news/google/158064-how-to-find-a-nearby-electric-scooter-using-google-maps

https://scootermap.com

there is also a capital bike share system. I’m unsure how it operates for tourist use .

Last edited by djp98374; Sep 28, 2022 at 10:37 am
Old Sep 29, 2022, 8:08 am

Programs: enjoyed being warm spit for a few years on CO/UA but now nothing :(
Try searching Google using the specific search term "scooter rental DC." Granted, the very first item is from 2019, but the next 9 on the first page are all from this year....

Here are a few:

Top 10 Best Scooter Rentals in Washington, DC - Last Updated September 2022 - Yelp

Electric Scooter Rentals - A Fun Way to See DC | Silver Sun Seeker Sept 22
DC Scooter Rental
Scooter Resources and Services in Washington DC | goDCgo
Washington DC Electric Scooter Rental – City Scooter Rentals
Old Sep 29, 2022, 1:10 pm
Original Poster

Thanks all for the assist. The Google Maps option looks really good. So DC has all those little electric scooters and not the full size scooters like Revel has.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.