Wiki Posts
Search

hotel for overnight at IAD in May 2021

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2021, 3:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold
hotel for overnight at IAD in May 2021

I arrive IAD from MCI on UA 6099 May 5 at 4:14pm. I am on ET 501 on May 6 next morning at 11:00am. I am looking for an inexpensive hotel for one night only. It needs to have a shuttle between the airport and hotel and I'd like to be in an area with someplace to walk to for dinner. Right now, I have a reservation at Choice Hotel Herndon for $135 a night incl taxes.

can anyone recommend someplace that is less money, more convenient, or nicer than a Choice Hotel? Some of them are fine but some are dumps, you never know which you will get.
Old Mar 7, 2021, 3:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Take a look at IAD airport hotels and take your pick. At least ten nicer places than a Choice which include both airport shuttle and breakfast with a base rate well under $100.

Not all have a dinner restaurant and it's not exactly a walking area, but you can order out pretty much anything.
Old Mar 7, 2021, 3:38 pm
Original Poster

thanks for the advice

Originally Posted by Often1
Take a look at IAD airport hotels and take your pick. At least ten nicer places than a Choice which include both airport shuttle and breakfast with a base rate well under $100.

Not all have a dinner restaurant and it's not exactly a walking area, but you can order out pretty much anything.
Thanks for the advice. I just booked Courtyard Marriott, $99.68 with tax, free breakfast, free airport shuttle. I used booking.com. I cancelled the Choice Hotel reservation.

I will keep an eye out for price drops as it gets closer to the trip.
Old Mar 8, 2021, 3:01 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by susiesan
I arrive IAD from MCI on UA 6099 May 5 at 4:14pm. I am on ET 501 on May 6 next morning at 11:00am. I am looking for an inexpensive hotel for one night only. It needs to have a shuttle between the airport and hotel and I'd like to be in an area with someplace to walk to for dinner. Right now, I have a reservation at Choice Hotel Herndon for $135 a night incl taxes.

can anyone recommend someplace that is less money, more convenient, or nicer than a Choice Hotel? Some of them are fine but some are dumps, you never know which you will get.
5000 Hyatt points give you a lot of options for IAD hotels. The Hyatt Place Sterling/IAD-North?

$135 for any Choice hotel in Herndon sounds overpriced to me. Unless there was some kind of good promotion going on with the Choice loyalty program, I wouldn't even consider any of the Choice hotels around IAD.
Old Mar 8, 2021, 12:04 pm
Original Poster

[QUOTE=GUWonder;33085132]5000 Hyatt points give you a lot of options for IAD hotels. The Hyatt Place Sterling/IAD-North?

I don't have any Hyatt points, only Marriott. Usually save those for expensive Marriott properties in Europe or Asia. I just saw that booking Courtyard Marriott on their web site with senior discount came out to $89 with taxes so I cancelled the booking.com reservation. As an award stay it would take 12,500 points.
Old Mar 8, 2021, 1:58 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
At $89 all-in I would be quite happy, particularly including breakfast and airport transportation.
Old Mar 9, 2021, 5:54 am

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
The Westin Dulles is often very, very inexpensive.
Old Mar 9, 2021, 8:44 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by IADCAflyer
The Westin Dulles is often very, very inexpensive.
It is, but that hotel doesn't include breakfast for most guests IIRC; and it seemed to go cheap even on breakfast for Marriott elites entitled to breakfast.
Old Mar 9, 2021, 9:58 am

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Yeah, but I've seen that hotel for $75. I'll by a muffin from starbucks with that type of savings...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.