Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Mid-Atlantic
Reload this Page >

Where to take PCR COVID test in the US (results within 24-48 hours) [in Richmond VA]

Where to take PCR COVID test in the US (results within 24-48 hours) [in Richmond VA]

Old Feb 15, 2021, 11:46 am
Original Poster

I am really surprised how difficult it is to find a testing facility for PCR COVID test that would provide results within 24-48 hours.

I am based in Virginia. Where can I go to take a test, and receive lab results within 24-48 hours?

Additional things that need to appear on the lab results include: name, passport number and sample collection time.

Also, what is the difference between a regular test and a fit-to-fly certificate? Can the lab simply include all necessary info on the lab results?

Please help.
Old Feb 15, 2021, 12:09 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by smartytravel
I am really surprised how difficult it is to find a testing facility for PCR COVID test that would provide results within 24-48 hours.

I am based in Virginia. Where can I go to take a test, and receive lab results within 24-48 hours?

Additional things that need to appear on the lab results include: name, passport number and sample collection time.

Also, what is the difference between a regular test and a fit-to-fly certificate? Can the lab simply include all necessary info on the lab results?

Please help.
You didn't say where you were in VA, but you can try Labs to Go in VA BCH. https://labstogo.com/coronavirus-antibody-testing/
Old Feb 15, 2021, 12:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BXK_Oz
You didn't say where you were in VA, but you can try Labs to Go in VA BCH. https://labstogo.com/coronavirus-antibody-testing/
Richmond VA
Old Feb 15, 2021, 9:52 pm

Programs: BAEC
Richmond VA
Couldn't locate a rapid PCR test in Richmond area. Don't know about now, but used to be a couple hour drive from Richmond to VA BCH. Sorry, this is the best I could do.
Old Feb 15, 2021, 10:33 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Medical Access in the DMV does rapid PCR tests.
Old Feb 16, 2021, 4:53 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by steveholt
Medical Access in the DMV does rapid PCR tests.
on the website, they also say 3-5 business days. And it’s hours away.

Why do they all take so much time? In Europe, I got everything done with 24 hours.
Old Feb 16, 2021, 6:31 am

Programs: It's Complicated...
I have used AFC up in the Annapolis area and they are pretty solid. They have locations in Short Pump and Midlothian also it appears. https://www.afcurgentcare.com/short-...aign=GlenAllen
Old Feb 16, 2021, 12:07 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
on the website, they also say 3-5 business days. And it’s hours away.

Why do they all take so much time? In Europe, I got everything done with 24 hours.
I've done multiple rapid tests with Medical Access and gotten results back within 4-6 hours.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.