Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How long will go through IAD custom

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2019, 6:18 pm
Original Poster

How long will go through IAD custom

Hello! Dose anyone go through IAD custom after Sept. 24 2019? I used IAD May and June. It was long line. Took me almost 3 hrs to get through it. I know the Mobile passport back. But I’m not US citizens nor Canadian Visitors. I’m return to US on this Sat. Arrive around 5pm. I wonder dose it still take a long time to go through it or not. If anyone use recently, could you pass me some information? I really appreciate it.
Old Oct 31, 2019, 8:03 am

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by BooHawaii
Hello! Dose anyone go through IAD custom after Sept. 24 2019? I used IAD May and June. It was long line. Took me almost 3 hrs to get through it. I know the Mobile passport back. But I’m not US citizens nor Canadian Visitors. I’m return to US on this Sat. Arrive around 5pm. I wonder dose it still take a long time to go through it or not. If anyone use recently, could you pass me some information? I really appreciate it.
This website has all of the data:

https://awt.cbp.gov/

Select "A" as your arriving terminal unless you're on United and making a connection.
Old Oct 31, 2019, 8:30 am
Original Poster

Thank you for the link. I’m using United. No connection. Last destination is IAD. Can I still use “A” information?
Old Oct 31, 2019, 9:16 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
If you do not have checked luggage, you may use the Connecctions inspection point for CBP and then take the AeroTrain in to the main terminal.

Bear in mind that average times listed on the CBP website do not take into account individual delays which may occur depending on your nationality and then what you may be carrying.
Old Oct 31, 2019, 11:46 am

Originally Posted by BooHawaii
Thank you for the link. I’m using United. No connection. Last destination is IAD. Can I still use “A” information?
If you have checked luggage and IAD is your final, then "A" is definitely what you want to look at.

Originally Posted by Often1
If you do not have checked luggage, you may use the Connecctions inspection point for CBP and then take the AeroTrain in to the main terminal.

Bear in mind that average times listed on the CBP website do not take into account individual delays which may occur depending on your nationality and then what you may be carrying.
They have the min and max wait times for each hour listed so that should provide a worst case estimate.
Old Oct 31, 2019, 12:12 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by JimInOhio
If you have checked luggage and IAD is your final, then "A" is definitely what you want to look at.

They have the min and max wait times for each hour listed so that should provide a worst case estimate.
For the benefit of others, those are not particularly useful for non-nationals or at least those without GE or from a VWP country. That is why OP's immigration status matters a good deal.
Old Nov 1, 2019, 4:31 pm

Originally Posted by Often1
For the benefit of others, those are not particularly useful for non-nationals or at least those without GE or from a VWP country. That is why OP's immigration status matters a good deal.
They have the average, minimum, and maximum wait times during each hour broken down by U.S. citizens (perhaps this includes Canadians) and non-U.S. citizens. How much more finely grained does it need to be for it be useful?
Old Nov 1, 2019, 6:28 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by JimInOhio
They have the average, minimum, and maximum wait times during each hour broken down by U.S. citizens (perhaps this includes Canadians) and non-U.S. citizens. How much more finely grained does it need to be for it be useful?
It is broken down for political expediency.

To be useful:

Category 1 - GE (Nexus)
Category 2 - US Nationals & VWP Nationals not in #1
Category 3 - All others

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.