Wiki Posts
Search

IAD Transfer from C/D to B

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2019, 2:44 am
Original Poster

IAD Transfer from C/D to B

Hi

On 10/20 I will be flying from CVG to IAD with flight UA 6113 which lands at terminals C or D at 21:11.
I have 1:20 h transfer time to terminal B
From there I have to take fligh LH 415 at 22:30

Which is the fastest route and do you think I could make it in time.

Thanks
Old Oct 17, 2019, 6:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by Cristian Vescan
Hi

On 10/20 I will be flying from CVG to IAD with flight UA 6113 which lands at terminals C or D at 21:11.
I have 1:20 h transfer time to terminal B
From there I have to take fligh LH 415 at 22:30

Which is the fastest route and do you think I could make it in time.

Thanks
Hi Cristian Vescan. Welcome to FlyerTalk!
You are likely correct that your flight will arrive in terminal C or D. Slight possibility it could end up at Terminal A, as it is an Express flight.

IAD is arranged where you can stay "air side" and get to any gate, so no need to re-clear security, etc. Assuming you flight is on time, 1 hour 20 minutes is plenty of time to make your connection.

The absolute quickest way is dependent on what exact gate you arrive at. Might be to walk to the train and take it to Terminal B, or might be a people mover "Mobile Lounge", which is a unique bus-like transfer at IAD.
Signage at IAD is good, so you can just follow the signs to the B terminal, and you should be fine.

Below is a link to a thread with more detailed info on United Connections at IAD. Might be beneficial to skim the last couple of pages, and check out the Wiki to orient yourself.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...al-iad-26.html

Safe Travels!
Old Oct 17, 2019, 6:30 am

Programs: UA MM
As one data point:

Last night's flight from CVG to IAD arrived 7 minutes early (21:04) at Gate A6E. To connect to LH, it would have simply been a walk over to the B gates.
Old Oct 17, 2019, 6:36 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Depending on whether you arrive at A, C, or D, your route to B will be different. Signage is good and thus when you arrive, simply follow the route to B, whether that is walking (A), AeroTrain (C), or people mover (D).

As noted, you will remain in the sterile area and thus no need to reclear security.
Old Oct 17, 2019, 11:58 pm
Original Poster

Thank you for your replies.
I'm now more confident that I'll be able to make the transfer in time

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.