Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2h19m layover from PHL to LHR in January

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2019, 12:11 pm
Original Poster

Exclamation 2h19m layover from PHL to LHR in January

I'm one for short layovers and would run to my gate. Do you think this 2-hour connection time is sufficient for my elderly parents to get from terminal F (depart American Eagle) to A (onboard British airways)? I'm slightly nervous but i think it's doable. Otherwise, could i get them assistance when they arrive at PHL?
Old May 28, 2019, 12:14 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
It is certainly doable, but it is the entire length of the airport by bus Thus, should not be that much walking. Only you (they) can judge whether they need wheelchair assistance. That will be much slower, but if they can't walk, that isn't in the cards. The larger issue is a backup plan in IRROPS. Two hours can drop to very little with delays.
Old May 28, 2019, 12:19 pm
Original Poster

They can walk but because they are not familiar with PHL, and especially having to catch the shuttle bus, they are nervous about not making it to the terminal on time.
The other option is a 4h40m layover in CLT to LHR.
Old May 28, 2019, 4:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
They should do what stresses them less. There really isn't a better answer.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 10:30 am

Programs: Chick-Fil-A Red, Wawa, Red Cross blood donor
Originally Posted by cnwsnr
They can walk but because they are not familiar with PHL, and especially having to catch the shuttle bus, they are nervous about not making it to the terminal on time.
Not sure if you booked or they've already flown, but assuming flights are on-time, 2:19 is plenty to get from F to A.
- shuttle bus is a great option. they just need to be sure to get on the F-A bus and not the F-C bus (plenty of signage and other passengers to ask) heck, if they were to accidentally get on the F-C bus, they've gone half-way and would just need to walk the rest (heads-up...there is no C-A bus)
- if your parents were to walk, it really is a straight shot from F to A and there are a number of moving walkways.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.