Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Mid-Atlantic
Reload this Page >

IAD to Union Station

IAD to Union Station

Old Mar 27, 19, 5:53 pm
Original Poster

IAD to Union Station

Hello I am arriving on an international flight around 3:30 and need to grab a train from there. Could I make a 5:20 PM from Union station if I uber it there or would 6:10 PM be better? It is on a Saturday later this spring.
Old Mar 27, 19, 6:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by ASUDan130 View Post
Hello I am arriving on an international flight around 3:30 and need to grab a train from there. Could I make a 5:20 PM from Union station if I uber it there or would 6:10 PM be better? It is on a Saturday later this spring.
Train at 5.20pm (1720) is pushing it ... depending on if you have GE (Global Entry) ... if not, depending if your inbound flight is on-time, the queues aren't too long, if you have checked luggage ... traffic on I-66 into the city can bad at that hour, even on a Saturday.
Better to go for the 6.10pm (1810) train
Old Mar 27, 19, 7:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
The 6:10 is pushing it and allows little room for arrival delays, CBP delays or traffic.
Old Apr 1, 19, 10:26 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus, Southwest Rapid Rewards, Alaska Mileage Plan, Amtrak Guest Rewards
If the moon buggy’s involved and if you’re not a US citizen/GE, yeah, I don’t think you’d make it there by 5:20. And you’re right that Uber/Lyft would be your best options to get into town.
Old Apr 6, 19, 8:17 am

Programs: AA/US - PlatinumPro; 1W Sapphire; HHonors - Silver; UA dirt
I wouldn't do this one. There s a lot of traffic that makes its way into DC in the mid afternoon for the "going out crowd". You're having to cut 1/2 way across DC itself and there is no fast way to do that (unless you go all the way around Arlington to I-395 an take I-395 towards NY Ave and Union Station).

Do the 6:10 and don't stress yourself out.
Old Apr 6, 19, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
What is your final destination? Would a one-way car rental from IAD make more sense?