Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Mid-Atlantic
Reload this Page >

Any experience with GO! shuttle BWI<->IAD?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2019, 1:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United Mileage Plus, Southwest Rapid Rewards, Amtrak Guest Rewards

I've seen this bus around: BWI Airport to Washington DC Shuttle | The Airport Shuttle

My mom has floated it as an option for her to more cheaply and easily get to the Adirondacks via United (JetBlue/Cape Air from BWI via BOS is pricey). For me, it seems like a reasonable alternative to driving to Dulles (or taking a super-pricey Lyft) on those rare occasions I can only fly out of Dulles. Has anybody here used it?
Old Jan 3, 2019, 3:37 pm

Programs: Marriott (Silver/Gold), IHG, Carlson, Best Western, Choice( Gold), AS (MVP), WN, UA
the other option is tale MARC to metro then to end of silver then shuttle bus to IAD. From BWI it will be about $7 MARc+ metro fare from Union to Reston+ $6 for Reston to Dulles.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 1:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United Mileage Plus, Southwest Rapid Rewards, Amtrak Guest Rewards
Originally Posted by djp98374
the other option is tale MARC to metro then to end of silver then shuttle bus to IAD. From BWI it will be about $7 MARc+ metro fare from Union to Reston+ $6 for Reston to Dulles.
To clarify, BWI is only the starting point because it makes sense to get a rideshare to there from north of Baltimore to catch that shuttle. So it would otherwise be MARC Penn-Union to Metro to the Silver Line Express. That sounds like, even if all goes well, it would take forever and still require one to be up far too early. Reminds me of taking the train to get to 8am Saturday classes at Maryland. Nah.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.