Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IAD TK lounge

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2017, 8:34 am
Original Poster

IAD TK lounge

I have an upcoming flight on United out of Dulles that is leaving out of Terminal C. I want to check out the new Turkish lounge in IAD that is out of Terminal B. How long do you think I should allow for the trip from Terminal B back to Terminal C. Thanks in advance.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Depending how far away from the train your C gate is. 15 minutes?
Old Nov 7, 2017, 8:51 am

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
If you are getting in as *G, I'd recommend the LH lounge - less crowded and similar food. The LH lounge also lets you catch the train on the far side of the terminal and go staight through to C.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 9:21 am
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Welcome to FlyerTalk, gary6177.

FlyerTalk is divided into subfora that discuss various destinations, hotel programs, airlines, credit cards, etc.

So let's move your thread over to the Mid-Atlantic forum for further discussion of the IAD airport.

Thanks! /JY1024, TravelBuzz co-moderator
Old Nov 8, 2017, 6:47 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by gary6177
I have an upcoming flight on United out of Dulles that is leaving out of Terminal C. I want to check out the new Turkish lounge in IAD that is out of Terminal B. How long do you think I should allow for the trip from Terminal B back to Terminal C. Thanks in advance.
If you are planning to use it as a Priority Pass customer, note that this lounge has some history of claiming capacity constraints to deny access even when the lounge had plenty of open seats still left in the early/mid afternoon.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 7:12 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
OP - What will be the basis for your entry into the lounge? International F/J, status, some other program?

Depending on your departure gate which you won't know until departure date, and even then it might change, allow somewhere between 15 and 30 minutes from the TK lounge to your gate.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 7:42 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Often1
OP - What will be the basis for your entry into the lounge? International F/J, status, some other program?

Depending on your departure gate which you won't know until departure date, and even then it might change, allow somewhere between 15 and 30 minutes from the TK lounge to your gate.

Thanks to all for your replies and help. I will be entering the lounge via Priority Pass.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 1:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Originally Posted by GUWonder
If you are planning to use it as a Priority Pass customer, note that this lounge has some history of claiming capacity constraints to deny access even when the lounge had plenty of open seats still left in the early/mid afternoon.
I've used it a couple of times with my PP and not been turned away, even when the lounge was slammed to the point that I couldn't find a seat. IIRC that was around 3:30 or 4 pm, and within a half hour, the crowd inside had eased significantly.

I agree with the 15-20 minute estimate to get to your C gate.

Last edited by swag; Nov 8, 2017 at 2:05 pm
Old Dec 21, 2017, 6:26 am

Hi all,

I'm flying out of IAD this Saturday (23rd Dec 2017; the day before Christmas Eve) and will be trying to get into the lounge with Priority Pass around 4pm. Do you think that the lounge will be accepting Priority Pass at this time, or more likely to turn away due to overcrowding?

Old Jan 15, 2019, 1:44 pm

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
extended stay review

I had an extended (2 hour) stay today. I agree about the crowding. When I arrived at 12, the lounge was empty. By 2 pm, the line was out the door.
The highlights are - storage lockers (6) at the entrance, Turkish delight on arrival, quiet bar at the rear, great Turkish cuisine (incl halal) , one nice shower and you don't need to see a dragon to use it!, two oversized washrooms (unisex?), two computers with printer and a prayer room (I did not use). The negatives are:
  • overcrowded;
  • no policy on cellphone use (noise is distracting).
It is weird that so many FTs have access (via Priority Pass?) and skip the LH lounge (Gate B-51). When I was there, Avianca was operating to San Salvador!

NB They have an online survey up at:
www.barem.com/tr/primeclass

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.