Wiki Posts
Search

TAP Air Portugal adds Dulles flights to Lisbon

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2018, 6:16 pm
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz
Original Poster

TAP Air Portugal adds Dulles flights to Lisbon

TAP Air Portugal will begin the service in June and will operate five round-trip flights per week between Dulles and Lisbon, on Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays. The Dulles flights will depart at 10:40 p.m. each day. TAP will operate the route on the new Airbus A330-900neo aircraft

https://wtop.com/business-finance/20...hts-to-lisbon/
Old Dec 4, 2018, 11:20 am

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
It's unlikely to be the A330-900neo. It'll most likely be the A332 during high season or the 321neo off-season.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 11:26 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
With the route starting in June, it's not obvious that this will operate year round, especially five times per week. [Does anyone know how they'll be rotating the aircraft? Is there an obvious guess?]

Does TAP serve the USA at all currently> I had the impression that they stopped doing the JFK flight.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 3:22 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
With the route starting in June, it's not obvious that this will operate year round, especially five times per week. [Does anyone know how they'll be rotating the aircraft? Is there an obvious guess?]

Does TAP serve the USA at all currently> I had the impression that they stopped doing the JFK flight.
Yes, TAP serves the US currently.
Boston, Miami, JFK and Newark are where they have had their planes IIRC. And I thought they had plans for Chicago too at some point, even as I don't recall a TAP plane operating flights available to me there. Boston is still on, for sure.

I welcome a TP IAD flight. TP has had some very good business class ticket prices for my EU-US trips and would welcome seeing this come to IAD too.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 10:42 am

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
TP serves YYZ, BOS, EWR, JFK and MIA.

Next year they'll add ORD and IAD (logical, given that they're *A hubs). It's likely that off-season they'll operate ORD and IAD with the new A321s.
These flights will only add to LIS immigration arrival woes. :/ I wouldn't want to fly through LIS in August and especially not enter the EU as a non-EU citizen, arriving during the 6AM bank of flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.