Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Mid-Atlantic
Reload this Page >

Where to stay in DC - Marriot or IHG

Old Apr 24, 2018, 7:14 pm
Original Poster

I have a four night trip to DC in late May and was looking for advice on where to stay. I am flying into DCA and need to be near Alexandria VA and the area north of the west end of the National mall. Looking for advice on where to stay. I am looking to use up either about a 100K IHG points or a 120K Marriot points. I can supplement the points with cash but Im not wild about the prospect.

I would prefer a hotel with easy metro access and a good breakfast buffet.

Marriot
Pro - I can use up my points while my gold status will still get me lounge access and free breakfast (depending on the property). I like free stuff.
Con - I can only stay four nights so if I do a points only booking I would be giving up the free fifth night that comes with four award nights. I hate giving up free stuff.

IHG
Pro - I just signed up for the new IHG premier card so on a points only booking my fourth night would be free.
Con - IHG properties (at least those in my price range) dont seem to be as nice as Marriot properties.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.