Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Mid-Atlantic
Reload this Page >

Quick and inexpensive dinner during DCA layover

Old Dec 24, 17, 12:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Silver - uh huh!

Iíll have a 3.5-hour layover at DCA on January 3 (scheduled arrival 6:30 PM, departure 10:00 PM). Iíd like to meet friends for dinner and figure either the airport or Crystal City is the best bet.

Any suggestion on places for less than $20 per person that would be easy to reach from DCA and then back again in the time I have (assuming everything is on time)?

We like all kinds of food and wonít be ordering alcohol.

Main concern is having enough time to enjoy visiting without being rushed or me missing my connecting flight.

Thanks!
Old Dec 24, 17, 1:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
There are two decent restaurants at DCA, both landside. Both have options which will run you around $20 (presuming no booze and excluding tax & tip). Sam & Harry's (if you stick to burgers & sandwiches) and Legal Sea Foods.

There are also options within 3-5 minutes of DCA for pretty much all of the major chains. A buck or two less, but getting there can be a PITA even though it would be a short walk if you didn't have to cross a highway in the dark.
Old Dec 24, 17, 3:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, status-free on AA, AS, B6, DL, WN, Amtrak
I'd look at Good Stuff Eatery or We the Pizza, both on Crystal Drive a block south of where the connector trail from Crystal City to DCA reaches the street--yes, you can literally walk there from the airport.
Old Jan 2, 18, 6:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Silver - uh huh!
Thanks for the suggestions!

Iím hoping I make it into DCA tomorrow (and donít get stranded there) - info on storm-related cancellations seems to vary widely by airline!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: