Wiki Posts
Search

Taxi with child seat from DCA

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2017, 4:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Blue
Taxi with child seat from DCA

Is it possible to pre-book a taxi with a child seat from DCA airport? We wont be able to travel with our own one and, whilst I believe it is legal for taxis to transport young children without, we would rather not if possible
Old May 24, 2017, 6:14 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by kurto1
Is it possible to pre-book a taxi with a child seat from DCA airport? We wont be able to travel with our own one and, whilst I believe it is legal for taxis to transport young children without, we would rather not if possible
I've very rarely seen a DC or Arlington taxi that had an car seat or booster seat in the seat or in the trunk. It's very rare for cabbies to have them, at least from my experience.

Go the Airport Shuttle allows for pre-booking car seats, but that's in shared shuttle vans as far as I know.

http://www.dullescoach.com/ also has some history of allowing customers to pre-arrange for child safety seats in their hired cars/SUVs at DCA and IAD.

What happened to UberFamily? https://help.uber.com/h/3abcbae1-132...7-0dab00fa3879
Old May 24, 2017, 2:40 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Uber has an option to get a car with a carseat, although I don't know if they offer it in all cities. Typically runs about the same price as UberBlack.
Old May 24, 2017, 3:34 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by cestmoi123
Uber has an option to get a car with a carseat, although I don't know if they offer it in all cities. Typically runs about the same price as UberBlack.
They used to offer it in DC. Maybe they still do. But note that DCA and IAD are in Virginia, but they had it there too.
Old May 25, 2017, 5:13 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 1K, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist, status-free on AA, AS, B6, DL, WN, Amtrak, etc.
It's still available as an option - swipe to the right in the app to choose different car types. The app tells me that a ride from National to the Ballston neighborhood in Arlington right now would be $20 on UberX, $35 on UberX with a car seat, $36 on UberBlack, and $46 in a black car with a car seat.
Old Jun 12, 2017, 10:18 am

You may also want to consider these safe-as-a-car-seat vests that are easily packable (there are a couple other similar items/brands out there as well, but we have one of these):

https://ridesafertravelvest.com/
Old Jun 12, 2017, 11:24 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Originally Posted by clarence5ybr
You may also want to consider these safe-as-a-car-seat vests that are easily packable (there are a couple other similar items/brands out there as well, but we have one of these):

https://ridesafertravelvest.com/
That only works for kids 3 and over, FYI.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.